• ...and so much more!
  • Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Hope this isn't a dupe....

Recieved this emal from the NRA this morning and thought it would be a easy way to thank Coats and show support if you do not have time to show up and counter some of the heat he will recieve fron Moms against... and Bloombergs anti gun agenda goons. I used parts of this letter and my own wording.

Dear Indiana NRA Member,

This week, the U.S. Senate voted on gun legislation. Your Senator, Dan Coats, stood strong in supporting our Second Amendment freedoms by voting against ALL anti-gun amendments that came before the Senate, including the misguided "compromise" proposal by Senators Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Pat Toomey (R-PA) that would have criminalized the private transfer of firearms between certain law-abiding citizens; Senator Dianne Feinstein's (D-CA)proposed ban on commonly owned firearms; and Senator Richard Blumenthal's (D-CT) proposed ban on commonly owned magazines.

In addition, Senator Coats voted for ALL pro-gun legislation, including Senator Chuck Grassley’s (R-IA) amendment that would prosecute criminals who use guns in crimes, help fix our broken mental health system, increase penalties on gun traffickers and straw purchasers and increase funding for school security; Senator John Cornyn’s (R-TX) concealed carry reciprocity amendment; and Senator John Barrasso’s (R-WY) amendment to protect the privacy of law-abiding gunowners.

As a result of Senator Coats’ principled votes, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, anti-gun groups, and some in the national news media are attacking his opposition to their political agenda. Please contact Senator Coats today and thank him for strongly supporting our Right to Keep and Bear Arms and opposing all anti-gun proposals in the U.S. Senate.

Contact Senator Coats at:

493 Russell Senate Office Building

Washington, DC 20510

Phone: (202) 224-5623
    Click here to email

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks Mosineer,
    I was looking to start a similar thread, on this same topic... My THANKS were sent also.
    This is very important to do. Those who stood for us will be taking a LOT of heat and they need to know that WE think they 'done good'! We are going to be fighting this crap for 4 more years until BO is out of office.

Go directly to Coats' page and drop him a note
    www.coats.senate.gov/contact

Never give up! Keep on them!

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Thanks Mosineer,
    I was looking to start a similar thread, on this same topic... My THANKS were sent also.
    This is very important to do. Those who stood for us will be taking a LOT of heat and they need to know that WE think they 'done good'! We are going to be fighting this crap for 4 more years until BO is out of office.

Go directly to Coats' page and drop him a note
    www.coats.senate.gov/contact

Never give up! Keep on them!

If you think this will end if a Conservative get elected in '16 you got another think coming. Look over the past 30 years. It don't go away.

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If you think this will end if a Conservative get elected in '16 you got another think coming. Look over the past 30 years. It don't go away.

Don't you worry, I know better than most that we're probably in this fight until the bitter end... but hopefully not against another foam-at-the-mouth anti-gunner like BO
    :xmad:

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yup, received this same email on Friday, clicked right away. Wish they'd give me a ready-made template to compose the email. It'd be more professional sounding than my work... :)

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I sent him an email after receiving the NRA email. I also went to his facebook page. He was getting hammered by left wing nut jobs. Cussing at him and calling him everything but baby killer. If you all really care about letting him know that you appreciate him standing up for the 2A it would be a good idea to go to his facebook page and letting know there as well. Nothing seems more sincere that a public thank you.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Senator-Dan-Coats/180671148633644

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I sent him an email after receiving the NRA email. I also went to his facebook page. He was getting hammered by left wing nut jobs. Cussing at him and calling him everything but baby killer. If you all really care about letting him know that you appreciate him standing up for the 2A it would be a good idea to go to his facebook page and letting know there as well. Nothing seems more sincere that a public thank you.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Senator-Dan-Coats/180671148633644

Good Idea, I gave him some praise on his facebook page. Definitely some gun haters commenting...pwobly some Doomberg babies...

Top Bottom