• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    :ar15:For those who are interested Wildcat Valley Rifle & Pistol Club will be holding their annual Beginers clinic on 4/17/10, the will have a Vintage rifle match 5/01/10, and the John C. Garrand match on 06/05/10.

Their website is wvrpc.org
    The Instructor is a certified NRA High Grand Master one of only a few hundred to ever achive that status. Been there twice for the clinic, once for the vintage match, unable to compete last year due to achilles tendon surgery. The Have an Excellent 10 point firing range at 100, 200, & 300yrds. Had a wonderful experince each time. Been getting more and more equipment, hope nothing medical prevents me from competing this year! This is both NRA & CMP Sanctioned.

Last edited:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    :ar15:For those who are interested Wildcat Valley Rifle & Pistol Club will be holding their annual Beginers clinic on 4/17/10,

Thanks, I'm very interested this. It's on my calendar.

Could not locate information on the website (signup info, schedule, equipment). All I can find is that it's at 8am. li'l help?

Is their a POC for this, or just contact the Chairman or one of the co-chairs? Or just show up w/ rifle and ammo?

Thanks,
    -rvb

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    help

Thanks, I'm very interested this. It's on my calendar.

Could not locate information on the website (signup info, schedule, equipment). All I can find is that it's at 8am. li'l help?

Is their a POC for this, or just contact the Chairman or one of the co-chairs? Or just show up w/ rifle and ammo?

Thanks,
    -rvb
    Click on the Highpower icon section. If that doesn't work get to it the Indana state rifle and pistol asso web site.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    well Ive looked at both sites (wildcat and ISRAP) and didnt find anything. I would like to see more info.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    I may be wrong, but I don't believe there is such a thing as a NRA High Grand Master in Highpower or Long Range.

There is contact info in the pdf link in a previous post.

I'm not a Wildcat rep but I may be able to help you guys if you have specific questions.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Title may be wrong

I may be wrong, but I don't believe there is such a thing as a NRA High Grand Master in Highpower or Long Range.

There is contact info in the pdf link in a previous post.

I'm not a Wildcat rep but I may be able to help you guys if you have specific questions.
    Can't remeber the oficial title just know he has attained the highest recognition from the NRA in three shooting Diciplines, and was an instructor for the Marine Corps, and can shoot nearly a perfect score almost always has a score of 590+ out of 600pts.

Not sure why you all are having trouble I just went to Wildcat Valley Rifle and Pistol Club and clicked on the highpower rifle Icon on the opening home page and all the info was there. :dunno:

Last edited:

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Can't remeber the oficial title just know he has attained the highest recognition from the NRA in three shooting Diciplines, and was an instructor for the Marine Corps, and can shoot nearly a perfect score almost always has a score of 590+ out of 600pts.

Not sure why you all are having trouble I just went to Wildcat Valley Rifle and Pistol Club and clicked on the highpower rifle Icon on the opening home page and all the info was there. :dunno:
    Please excuse my ignorance, what course of fire has a 600 point aggregate?

I don't have any doubt that Dave, Steve and those guys put on a very educational and informative clinic.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Please excuse my ignorance, what course of fire has a 600 point aggregate?

I don't have any doubt that Dave, Steve and those guys put on a very educational and informative clinic.
    Sorry about that I ws thinking of the Vintage match shot a 200 yrds, 50 rnds which would be 500 pts, I told you I was a lousy typist, plus I'm still foggy from comming of the Painkillers. :nuts:

HighpowerIndiana

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Gentlemen, Just noticed this thread. I'm Dave Schnelle, Highpower Discipline Chairman at Wildcat. You may also know me as one of the owners of the new Indoor Range in Lafayette, Applied Ballistics Systems.

While "High Grand Master" is a very complimentary title, and there have been several comments on my achievements, just thought I'd clear the air.

I'm a classified High Master in NRA Highpower, 2009 State Champion on the 300 yard course. I am also Distinguished Rifleman # 1793.

Our Highpower beginner's clinic is a really good way to get started in Highpower competition. We typically have around 20 or so new shooters, and a nearly equal amount of experienced HP shooters. We will spend about 1-1/2 to 2 hours classroom, then go to the range where each new shooter will have an experienced competitor assigned to them. We will shoot all stages of fire, but due to time constraints, typically limit it to 40 shots. Each shooter will fire 10 shots each offhand, sitting rapid, prone rapid, and prone slow, as well as work the pits.

I have not posted the overview of the clinic yet (I do the web updates as well), but if you are interested in more info, please feel free to contact me at schnelle1-at-aol-dot-com.

Dave

Top Bottom