“2700” NRA Approved Conventional Pistol Match Program
    Saturday, August 21, 2010

Competition Open to:
    All Competitors
    7250 W. Crawfordsville Road, Indianapolis, IN 46214. See Map
    Web Site:
    www.indyrange.com
    Facilities:
    23 point covered concrete firing line in a park like environment with picnic tables and
    a small fishing lake. A clubhouse with restrooms, electricity and kitchen facilities is within 5
    minutes of numerous restaurants, motels, groceries and gas stations.

Entries:
    limited to 23 competitors, 1 relay, Preferences given to “Shoot the Works” entries.
    Time:
    Registration begins at 8:00 am EDT. Firing starts at 9:00 a.m. EDT.
    Registration Fee:
    $4.50 NRA fee.
    Entry Fee:
    $1.75 per match plus registration fee or $27.00 for “Shoot the Works”. Junior
    shooters will be ½ the normal entry fee. (i.e. $13.50 for “Shoot the Works”) Juniors shooting the“Made in America” course will shoot for free.

For Information and Registration:

PM me for contact info.

Rules:
    Current NRA rules shall govern. Competitors will score each others targets. Challenge
    fee is $1.00: if challenges sustained, fee will be refunded. A three person jury system will be
    used for challenges. Use of plug type scoring gauge will be restricted to range officers. Eye and Ear protection required. Targets B6 and B8 will be used.

Classification:
    All competitors will be classified according to current NRA classification card
    or temporary score book. Competitors will not be divided into categories. High Masters and
    Masters, as classes, will shoot as open if less than 5 enter or they will be combined to make a
    class. Unclassified competitors will shoot as a class if 5 or more enter, with High Masters/Masters if less. If less than 5 competitors in any other class, the class will be combined with the next higher class. A “Tyro” class will be provided for new shooters both juniors and adults. These entry level shooters include those with little/no significant training/experience. Cash awards for the “Tyro” class will be based on the number of shooters in the class.

Awards:

Cash awards will be given as follows:
    Matches 1-16
    Winner $4.00
    1st in Class 5 to 7 Competitors $3.00
    2nd in Class 8 to 11 Competitors $3.00

3rd in Class 12 to 15 Competitors $2.00

4th in Class 16 to 19 Competitors $2.00

*Note: Awards for the Tyro class will be proportional to the size of the class.
    All Junior cash awards will be donated to the ISRPA Junior Pistol team unless the
    shooter specifies otherwise. “Made in America” juniors will not receive cash
    awards. Medals will be provided as required by ISRPA Junior Pistol team.
    Program:
    .22 Caliber Matches Center Fire Matches
    Match 1:

20 shots Slow Fire at 50 yards Match 6: 20 shots Slow Fire at 50 yards
    Match 2:
    National Match Course Match 7: National Match Course
    Match 3:
    20 Shots Timed Fire at 25 yards Match 8: 20 Shots Timed Fire at 25 yards
    Match 4:
    20 Shots Rapid Fire at 25 yards Match 9: 20 Shots Rapid Fire at 25 yards
    Match 5:
    .22 Caliber Aggregate Match 10: Center Fire Aggregate
    .45 Caliber Matches
    Match 11:
    20 shots Slow Fire at 50 yards
    Match 12:
    National Match Course
    Match 13:
    20 Shots Timed Fire at 25 yards
    Match 14:
    20 Shots Rapid Fire at 25 yards
    Match 15: .
    45 Caliber Aggregate
    Match 16:
    Grand Aggregate

Team “Fun” Match:
    ALL team matches will be NON-FIRED (paper) matches utilizing the
    NMC scores for each gun. The Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association will sponsor no teams.
    Only NRA affiliated club teams are eligible to compete. Open teams are not eligible for team
    matches. No extra fees will be charged for team matches. The highest grand aggregate team will be awarded the “Bragging Rights” of winning until the next match. No cash awards will be made for these matches. No fees, no awards, a fun competition for “Bragging Rights” only.

Last edited:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Bump the day before first match.

I am bringing my A game. Just got my .45 back and sighted in. All guns ready to go.

While bullseye shooting is not action shooting, shooting 1 handed at 50 yards is not easy. If you want to really challenge your marksmanship skills come give it try.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I shot the 22 pistol portion of the match; it was my first "real" bullseye competition.
    My son is on the ISRPA junior pistol team, and since I had to bring him out to the match anyway, I thought I might as well give it a try.

I'm generally an action pistol guy... I love USPSA and steel matches. I thought I'd be bored with bullseye, but it's way too challenging to be boring. The ten ring is a few inches wide, and you're shooting at it at 50 yards one-handed. Bullseye is hard! It demands a great deal of concentration and focus.

I think that bullseye could improve my "mental game" in action shooting (which I believe to be my biggest deficit at this point). I'll be back for the next match.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I shot the 22 pistol portion of the match; it was my first "real" bullseye competition.
    My son is on the ISRPA junior pistol team, and since I had to bring him out to the match anyway, I thought I might as well give it a try.

I'm generally an action pistol guy... I love USPSA and steel matches. I thought I'd be bored with bullseye, but it's way too challenging to be boring. The ten ring is a few inches wide, and you're shooting at it at 50 yards one-handed. Bullseye is hard! It demands a great deal of concentration and focus.

I think that bullseye could improve my "mental game" in action shooting (which I believe to be my biggest deficit at this point). I'll be back for the next match.

Next match make sure we get together. I was the one wearing the black USMC hat. Anyways a little cool but a lot of fun. My son will be shooting with the junior team also. Tonight’s practice will be his first time with the team.
    I believe you are right on with bullseye improving other shooting sports. Bullseye really makes you focus on the fundamentals sight alignment, sight picture, and trigger control. With enough bullseye experience those fundamentals become automatic. So when you try other disciplines you all ready have the basics down. Not to knock other shooting sports but I get a kick out of shooting at closer distances and with both hands. It just seems too easy…lol.

My scores were a little low but I had some good things to build on. With the .22 I shot 794 out of 900. On the centerfire match I used my Beretta 92FS struggled with a 721. For the .45 match I used a 1911 I just got back from getting some sights. I really need to get a wad cutter load for this pistol, shooting hardball makes for a long day. Lots or work to do with the .45. I can't remember exact score but I think it was 669. 2184 out of 2700, a little disappointed but it was my first 2700 in a couple of years. Finally I got a bullseye box and all 3 guns now just need to tighten em up a little.

G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Nice match. Well organized and VERY well run. A little hot tho'.:D
    I hope to see you all again in August. Thanks for all the help and for making a newcomer feel welcome.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Nice match. Well organized and VERY well run. A little hot tho'.:D
    I hope to see you all again in August. Thanks for all the help and for making a newcomer feel welcome.

Hot, muggy, and 270 rds down range makes for a long day. Still I can't think of anything else I would rather be doing. What target were you on? I was on 12. The match was really ran great and much appreciated.

G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Hot, muggy, and 270 rds down range makes for a long day. Still I can't think of anything else I would rather be doing. What target were you on? I was on 12. The match was really ran great and much appreciated.

I was on target 10, borrowing all the pasters from you:D. The RO really was good, not one bobble all day. MCFG's gotta be the best place in Indiana to shoot bullseye. I'll be back.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I was on target 10, borrowing all the pasters from you:D. The RO really was good, not one bobble all day. MCFG's gotta be the best place in Indiana to shoot bullseye. I'll be back.

If you keep them on the center repair you don't need pasters.:D Easier said then done!

It was nice meeting you, glad to see another INGO member at a Bullseye match. The RO on our side of the line is distinguished and has a few Indiana State Championships under his belt.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I found an old colt National Match in .38 super. If I can find some ammo I get to test fire it. It looks like it has been to the clark custom gun shop and was new in 1950 or so.

Top Bottom