• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gh2

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    For those who may care, the Australian National NRA Action Pistol Championship finished this past weekend. The top contenders normally shoot a perfect score of 1920 and the winner is decided by the number of hits in the "X" ring.

Doug Koenig won with a new record of 1920 (Perfect score) w/188 X's! The four dropped X's were his last four shots of the match! Amazing!

Most here aren't real familiar with this competition but if you ever watched these guys shoot, especially on the Mover, you would be amazed at the ability of the competitors.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    That's great to hear.

You're right, watching guys like Doug and Bruce shooting the mover with a scope is amazing. Watching Robbie (Leatham) shoot a clean Mover with irons is awe inspiring. Out of all of the events, the Mover is, to me, shooting in its purest form when done correctly. The best I've ever done is a 464 with irons and I was on top of the world when I did that.

Hopefully we can get a state or regional championship back in Indiana in 2011. Now if the NRA would get back to me on that...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    188 Xs is amazing!

I love NRA AP. I suck at it, especially the plates, but I think I can do better now. My goal when we were still shooting at Wildcat was to break 1500 and then 1600 with over 400 on each event. I got close to the 1500, but never made it. I've broken 400 on the barricades and moving target and come close on the practical. I hope I get more chances in the future.

Actually, I think I can do better now. I've learned quite a bit over the last couple of years teaching other people how to shoot that I think will help me too, especially on the plates and the practical.

Top Bottom