• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    My post was misunderstood, I was saying folks were spending $35K-$50K for the refurb. Last I knew the used were typically in the $20K range but not surprised they would go up if in great shape. Some of the refurb shops will take a V10 model and put a new diesel in it. Some also update the instruments, controls, and entertainment to current standards.
    Found a company yesterday that will sell you a refurbished Toyota Land Cruiser for $248,000 . 6.2L chevy motor. Just amazing.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Found a company yesterday that will sell you a refurbished Toyota Land Cruiser for $248,000 . 6.2L chevy motor. Just amazing.
    Well, now you’re talking about cults. That’s different.
    It’s a disease, it can’t be helped, I tell you.
    I’ll just add, that’s their asking price. Go buy a slightly rusty barn find and try to sell it, don’t ask me how I know.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I read about half of it before I had to stop, the stupid hurt too much.

Here is some of the wording:

Styling trends are almost as alarming. Pickup truck front ends have warped into scowling brick walls, billboards for outwardly directed hostility. “The goal of modern truck grilles,” wrote Jalopnik’s Jason Torchinsky in 2018, “seems to be… about creating a massive, brutal face of rage and intimidation.”

One key driver of pickup growth relates to how they are now being used. If you overlook their gleefully violent styling and garage-unfriendly footprint, these vehicles have become more practical as family vehicles.

In 2020, 85% of pickup trucks sold had “crew cabs” or “extended crew cabs” or one of a handful of other tough-guy euphemisms with two sets of seats for five people — most with four doors.

Personal vehicles are not merely functional appliances: They are used as refuges, fortresses and private enclaves, and serve as important signifiers of class and gender identity, as Sovacool explored in a 2018 study.

To Albert, the booming appeal of bigger and more brutish trucks reflects “a crisis of masculinity,” he says. “Nothing could be more emasculating than driving a minivan. So you want the vehicle that’s going to maintain your performative masculinity.”

And of course, because Trump:'

The fact that supersized pickup trucks were often deployed as political props (and weapons) during the Trump era did not escape the notice of scholars like Cara Daggett, a professor of political science at Virginia Tech. In a widely shared 2018 journal article, Daggett coined the term “petro-masculinity” to describe flamboyant expressions of fossil fuel use by men (and some women as well, but mostly men) as a reaction against social progress. To these drivers, “the affront of global warming or environmental regulations appear as insurgents on par with the dangers posed by feminists and queer movements seeking to leach energy and power from the state/traditional family,” she wrote.

And that's where I had to stop. What utter ********.
    :): If I didn't see "Bloomberg" then I would've suspected this to be from the Onion or Babylon Bee

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Over the past few years, I have noticed an increasing number of pedestrians that don't even look before walking in front of traffic. When I was a kid, it was pounded into me to look both ways & always wait for a safe crossing.

That and walking in the middle of the street at night, in dark clothes.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Well, now you’re talking about cults. That’s different.
    It’s a disease, it can’t be helped, I tell you.
    I’ll just add, that’s their asking price. Go buy a slightly rusty barn find and try to sell it, don’t ask me how I know.
    Just a reminder that I want right of first refusal if you ever decide to sell your Gen 3 4Runner.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Over the past few years, I have noticed an increasing number of pedestrians that don't even look before walking in front of traffic. When I was a kid, it was pounded into me to look both ways & always wait for a safe crossing.
    It was me too, and I obeyed until I spent a year at Purdue. That’s where a farm boy learned how to cross the street.
    They’ll stop.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    its like the pedestrians have taken the "Pedestrians have the right of way" to heart and are exercising that right... to their detriment. Granted I honor that, especially in parking lots, but the number of people who walk where they want to walk regardless of traffic without considering that those that must yield to you maybe havent SEEN you yet is astounding.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    They're coming for more than just trucks, now

Say bye bye to any modified cars.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

After that, Sports cars are next. They are the assault rifle of the auto world. Nobody needs that much speed.

wethepeople

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Shelby County
    All this time I thought I purchased my 08 and 2020 black HD3500 crew cab long bed duramax trucks because I needed them to pull and haul. Never knew it was because of my toxic masculinity.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

The Charger gets 8 MPG on premium and I'm pretty sure the tail pipe emissions would not pass scrutiny. Still fun to drive, hope the government fun police never ban them.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Nobody made it to the very end of the article?

“Fossil fuels are violent”

Yeah, the descriptors were a thing of beauty. I’m surprised that grill didn’t reach out and grab her kid and swallow him whole! That was some very poor parenting there.

You only have to enter your email address to read, no money. Even that may not be wise....

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Screw these guys. It's already just about impossible to find a v8 pickup now. Tundra I think is the only standard v8 truck now, and I hear 2022 will be v6.

Guess I need to trade up now so I'll have one for the next 15 years.

Top Bottom