• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • will you be able to attend this rally?

• Total voters

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    When: November 15th @ 9 a.m.
    Where: Begins at Lake George in Hobart Indiana then will move thru downtown and finish at the police station.

Feel free to carry however you like, OC CC or dont carry its up to you, we just appreciate you coming out! (No long guns for this one please)

The Hobart Police Deartment is targeting gun owners, OCers and CCers if they find out your carrying.

There has been more than one incident now where Hobart Pd has broken laws and violated rights. They stop OCers to check thier papers, violate state law by trying to force CC and unlawfully detain, search and seize property. When they know of someone CC they do the same, infact they have even gone as far as following you home because you are legally in possession of a firearm.

They have over reached and its time we the people let them know this kind of treatment of law abiding gun owners is unacceptable.

This event will start at 9am at lake george in Hobart Indiana, after we are gathered we will walk thru downtown Hobart to the police station where we will voice our frustrations with the Hobart Pd. There will be flyers posted to gain more people, as well as a Facebook event soon, there will also be print outs we can pass out at the rally.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...arry-stopped-hobart-pd-while-pumping-gas.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry-issues-self-defense/360602-oc-event-hobart-feeler.html

Meet up at 100 main st hobart in 46342 lake front area by the library

Last edited:

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I hope a lot of people can make it out here so our message is clear, we will NOT accept the targeting of gun owners by Hobart pd

cjpoore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2014
    Valparaiso
    hello all, i am new to this forum and was recommended to this site by my father. i'm 19 years old and got my LTC as soon as i turned 18. i will most definitely attend any rally as i believe the officer in the video was stepping way out of his discretion.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    hello all, i am new to this forum and was recommended to this site by my father. i'm 19 years old and got my LTC as soon as i turned 18. i will most definitely attend any rally as i believe the officer in the video was stepping way out of his discretion.

Welcome and I look forward to meeting you!

Check out the nwi group and the nwi thread its very active its under the break room section, just jump to the end and introduce yourself.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    It looks like a meager turnout so far.

Warthog and others (me included) who can't make it but want to be supportive ... How about we read up on the story (check the provided links in the OP) and write a letter to the Hobart PD and to City Hall. It will take less effort and expense than driving five hours. If we want to go an extra mile, we could even hit up one of the local papers with a Letter to the Editor ... Post Tribune or NWI Times. You don't have to live in the area to have a vested interest in this issue. What do you say? ... 15 minutes and a couple of stamps?

This is at my backdoor but I am already committed elsewhere to helping 'the cause' that day. I'll be helping at an Appleseed. Look for my Letter to the Editor, though.

thanks WD a great idea! Im hoping media gets involved as well as some "important figures from NWI" but im not sure if they'll be able to attend now.

We have more people than just from ingo attending so im hoping for a decent turnout. When I get the Facebook event made ill post it here, been very busy, a pretty hectic time for me right now I have a lot onbmy plate but I refuse to let this die no matter how busy I get this is important and has to be done. Barely been home so havent used a computer just doing this on mobile. But by the end of the weekend ill have much more accomplished. Will most likely continue to do these rallys until something is accomplished.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ok, I'm in. Weather Channel says 34 next Saturday, I spent three years in Iceland, I can deal with 34.
    MapQuest says it's 145 miles from Avon. Anybody else in this area got nothing else going on and want to get up real early on a Saturday? I've got a couple spare seats. PM and we can work out the details.
    Dan: please forward the address of the rally point and I'll be there at 0900 (probably 0845).

Top Bottom