• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I've only met a couple of members so far (one being the great and wonderful Mouse), but it does feel like a family atmosphere at times in here. I truly look forward to get on the site and see what everyone's up to. So, that's what keeps me coming back time and time again. That, and waiting on Mouse to buy us all cheeseburgers. :rockwoot:

Mouse might have to start a go fund me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've only met a couple of members so far (one being the great and wonderful Mouse), but it does feel like a family atmosphere at times in here. I truly look forward to get on the site and see what everyone's up to. So, that's what keeps me coming back time and time again. That, and waiting on Mouse to buy us all cheeseburgers. :rockwoot:

As close as you are just hit me up.....:cool:

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Several members of INGO have made a huge impact on mine and my family’s life. My wife and I had difficulties starting our family, and felt that adoption was our path. And it’s unfortunate that it’s very expensive, and we aren’t rich. I was lucky enough to get permission to sell my woodturnings on this site. Mainly pens. I sold several. Some guys even gave me a lot more than what I was asking.
    My wife and I even had a garage sale to raise money. A member, who I have never met before, stopped by my house and dropped off a truck load of items. Items he could have sold and made a nice profit.

After we adopted our son, a few members got together and sent my son a check. A very large check.

And for us, it not just about the money. The texts, the pm’s, prayers....this site, this community, helped us when we really needed it.

I love it.

An example of Mr. lm's fine woodworking skill:

sawhandle4.jpg

sawhandle5.jpg

I got this old saw with only one handle surviving. It was not in the best of shape but lovemachine took on the job anyway and reproduced 2 examples for my project. I don't recall what variety of wood it is but the replication dropped right in.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

sawhandle4.jpg

sawhandle5.jpg

He made 3 of the coolest Y0-Y0's for the terrorists Christmas a few years ago. Last year we received some of the most beautiful wooden ornaments for our C-tree.

He is beyond just talented.

Anothe member that I am glad to have met. I see his family pics over on the book of faces.......and we all smile.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Genuine good people
    I agree with this. Most are from/in Indiana so it has a "community" feeling. That's why I like it and stay active. Of course, the whole reason we're here, guns.

The folks I've met when INGO had a booth at the 1500, Meet & Eats, and transactions have all been great people. I like to thank that's just a small sampling of all the members.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

sawhandle4.jpg

sawhandle5.jpg

I got this old saw with only one handle surviving. It was not in the best of shape but lovemachine took on the job anyway and reproduced 2 examples for my project. I don't recall what variety of wood it is but the replication dropped right in.

I’m pretty sure that’s hickory. That was hard stuff. Broke the tip of my tool.

The saw looks good :)

He made 3 of the coolest Y0-Y0's for the terrorists Christmas a few years ago. Last year we received some of the most beautiful wooden ornaments for our C-tree.

He is beyond just talented.

Anothe member that I am glad to have met. I see his family pics over on the book of faces.......and we all smile.

:)

I haven’t had the time to make anything lately. So busy and so tired. But so happy :)
    I have had the itch to make something too.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Goatwisdom was once a very active forum...and then Facebook became a thing and many members joined a page that was started there by a former moderator of the forum. That page fell apart when she pretty much self destructed and started bullying members that disagreed with anything she said.

The current Goatwisdom forum goes for days with nobody posting. When kidding time rolls around, it tends to get a bit busier or when someone has a sick goat and needs some help. The moderators there do their best to try to respond and help. The main reason the forum is still online is because of the amount of info that is available to those who are searching it for answers. The man who owns the site is elderly and spends a fair amount of time tending his livestock and helping his wife who has some health issues. I'm not sure you can compare the two forums....this one is HUGE compared to that one. This one also has a lot more threads that are posted that are unrelated to guns and/or shooting. Goatwisdom is pretty much just about goats.

(I may be a mod on Goatwisdom....)

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I’m pretty sure that’s hickory. That was hard stuff. Broke the tip of my tool.

The saw looks good :)

I haven’t had the time to make anything lately. So busy and so tired. But so happy :)
    I have had the itch to make something too.

Here's a pic of the finished project in its permanent home.

sawhandle6.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Goatwisdom was once a very active forum...and then Facebook became a thing and many members joined a page that was started there by a former moderator of the forum. That page fell apart when she pretty much self destructed and started bullying members that disagreed with anything she said.

The current Goatwisdom forum goes for days with nobody posting. When kidding time rolls around, it tends to get a bit busier or when someone has a sick goat and needs some help. The moderators there do their best to try to respond and help. The main reason the forum is still online is because of the amount of info that is available to those who are searching it for answers. The man who owns the site is elderly and spends a fair amount of time tending his livestock and helping his wife who has some health issues. I'm not sure you can compare the two forums....this one is HUGE compared to that one. This one also has a lot more threads that are posted that are unrelated to guns and/or shooting. Goatwisdom is pretty much just about goats.

(I may be a mod on Goatwisdom....)

:mods:

Top Bottom