• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • creativeinside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Anyone around NWI who reloads?

Looking to start and get the ball rolling but would love to go through the process of it to see how feasible it is to me.... I shoot enough that It will def save me some money but really looking to see the process and what not...

Im in Valpo currently anyone up for it would'nt mind paying for your time if at all possible.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Welcome to INGO.

You might want to try this thread as it's the unofficial NWI INGO "hang out" thread.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post.html

Also these links should help you out as well. We (NWI INGO) are a very active group. Look at the events thread for all the current items going on.

Now in terms of reloading what do you plan on reloading? (ie. pistol, rifle, both)
    How many rounds would you say you are going to use/fire up per month.
    Have you ever reloaded before?
    Have you started by reading the ABCs of reloading yet?
    What is your budget look like?
    Do you have time to devote to reloading or would you prefer to reload say 400 rounds in 1 hr as oppose to making each round the exact as the prior (ie. 100 - 200 per round).
    What do you plan on using your reloads for? Plinking, competition?
    Have you determined where in your place you will reload?
    Do you have a work bench or will you be making one or using a table?

These general questions will help the rest of us give you a better answer.

EXPECT A SLEW OF ONE-LINES SAYING
    Dillion is the best
    LnL Press all the way.
    Go lee and forget the rest.
    Get "abc" press and never look back.

Also you are going to get a slew of "Company ABC" is better than "Company XYZ" as well. Your questions is a loaded question along the lines of which truck is better: ford or chevy.

Neither one is both server a purpose and at the end of the day you will determine what works best for you. Youtube has a slew of video showing all the presses at work. Once you give us a better idea by answer the questions above we can point you in the right direction.

Remember there is NO STUPID question. Ask if you are not sure. It's best to get an answer than to blow your gun and maybe injury yourself in the process when reloading. You are after all making a little bomb.

---
    These links you might find of interest to you since you are in "Da Region"!

NWI INGO MEMBERS

Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:

INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

This will allow me to send you PMs (private messages) when new events are coming to our area.

General NWI Status Update Thread (Subscribe to it):

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post.html

We use this thread post for quick communication among the NWI group on gun/ammo sales in the area, special events occuring, and a general FYI. The thread is very long now & most of the post are irrelavent at this point for you but if you subscribe you will get the newest post made to it.

--CURRENT EVENTS IN NWI--

INGunOwners - 2012 NWI Events
    (Save this link as it is always being updated)

---OTHER USEFUL INFO--
    List of ranges in NWI
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-36.html#post2373396

List of gun shops in NWI
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-45.html#post2475809

List of training sites in NWI
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-46.html#post2478662

Pro-Gun & Anti-Gun Stores in NWI:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...un_and_anti-gun_stores_northwest_indiana.html

A Guide to Protecting Your Rights: What to do when LEO stop you and your are carrying.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...what_to_do_when_leo_stops_you.html#post915009

Wallet IN LTCH Info with IC Codes
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../83645-wallet_in_ltch_info_with_ic_codes.html

FFLs in Indiana
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...n/81265-indiana_gun_shop_info_-_combined.html

-Jedi

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I haven't reloaded in a couple of years or so. Was going to get started back up this winter. But I'd have to get back in the swing of things before I could show anyone.
    There are classes.
    I'm sure someone will be along in a little while with more info. Although it looks like Jed's got you covered.

creativeinside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    reloading mainly 9mm but soon to add more.

I currently shoot around 1k plus a month...
    As for a work space ill be building my bench and work area once i got all my dimensions worked out.

400 a hr would be nice 3 hrs a month no brainer but really quanitiy is'nt the issue rather make sure i got it all done right.....

As for time to do it not really a issue... That's why you have kids make household chores so much easier ;)

Nope never reloaded b4.

trying to keep it under 600 if possible.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Have you picked up the book "ABCs of Reloading" yet?
    The Lake County Public library has this book. You can also find it at any bookstore.
    Here is a good INGO link to get started with.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...reload_but_you_don_t_know_where_to_begin.html

However I suggest you read that book first. It will give you a better understanding of what reloading is.

DO NOT BUY ANTHING YET UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THAT BOOK OR BOOKS SIMILAR TO THAT!

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Have you picked up the book "ABCs of Reloading" yet?
    The Lake County Public library has this book. You can also find it at any bookstore.
    Here is a good INGO link to get started with.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...reload_but_you_don_t_know_where_to_begin.html

However I suggest you read that book first. It will give you a better understanding of what reloading is.

DO NOT BUY ANTHING YET UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THAT BOOK OR BOOKS SIMILAR TO THAT!

I currently have that book out from the library. I think they have 2 copys though. Just ask your nearest library to get if for you from way ever library has it. That's what I had to do

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I can show you how to reload 9mm with the best of them, well maybe not the best of them, but I can show you how to reload 9mm.

I built my own bench, and bought everything I need for under 400. I'd be happy to show you how and what I have learned. No need to pay me, someone taught me for free once, I'll be happy to pass on the favor that was given to me.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I can show you how to reload 9mm with the best of them, well maybe not the best of them, but I can show you how to reload 9mm.

I built my own bench, and bought everything I need for under 400. I'd be happy to show you how and what I have learned. No need to pay me, someone taught me for free once, I'll be happy to pass on the favor that was given to me.

Great job, Clown..I would be right with you if the OP was about 2 1/2 hours South of His location...Yes, us Loading Brothers help take care of our own....Bill.

thefinnnwi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Northwest Indiana/ Japan
    I'm coming home on the 18th. I'd be willing to show you my reloading setup. I have a lot of rounds to load before I head back to Japan.

I have a Square Deal B for pistol and a single stage Lee classic for rifle reloading.

If you're interested, just let me know. I'm right down the road from you (41 or 65)

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Hey creativeinside, I sent you a few PM's one with my cell, get a hold of me. I'd be happy to be the one to show you, but just fyi, 9mm is not where you will save your money, at least not much, .38, .357, .40 and .45, those are your money savers.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    NWI INGO members please note that member is stil under 50 post so while he can get PMs he can NOT send any.

turnandshoot4 -1 4 u as well made the same mistaken sadclownwp did.
    ;)

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    turnandshoot4 can certainly teach you how to reload as well, he taught me. Then we broke his expensive dillion press, lol. Unfortunately I can't show you how to break something using a Dillion like he can.

I jest, turnandshoot4 is really a great reloader and can show you more high end reloading then I can. I can show you single stage press reloading and where you can skimp a bit and where you can't using single state.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    NWI INGO members please note that member is stil under 50 post so while he can get PMs he can NOT send any.

turnandshoot4 -1 4 u as well made the same mistaken sadclownwp did.
    ;)

You must have seen my PM. If not, you underestimate me and this will be your downfall ad NWI Don.

Hey,

I'm in in Kouts and I wouldn't mind showing you how to reload. Send me a text or give me a call. You can't PM yet.

219-###-####
    Byron Gentry

You pink loser.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    dam 50 post count lol

ill hit you all up shortly gotta get my new tables done b4 the girl kills me...

Of if you pay $10 (per year) to become a site support you get instant access to PMs with a 500 message limit plus instant access to the classified section as well.

Else do 50 qualifying post and get access to both but your PM limit will be 50 or 100 messages I can't remember which one.

You pink loser.

When you use the "term" PINK makes sure you pink it! :D

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    An idea for another continuing education class maybe?

I'd like to get into reloading eventually as would my brother in law but the parents-in-law have vetoed him having his reloading gear in the house LOL. So I doubt I'd be able to either until I move out.

Something about him making a mess.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    An idea for another continuing education class maybe?

I'd like to get into reloading eventually as would my brother in law but the parents-in-law have vetoed him having his reloading gear in the house LOL. So I doubt I'd be able to either until I move out.

Something about him making a mess.

I'm working on it NaplamFTW still getting a list together of those that reload and are willing to "share their home" with us.

In my ideal "course" we could all meet at say place abc and see a single stage, a turret, and one or 2 progressives and see how the process varioes on each for say a .45 round.

Alas it's going to take some more time to get this all in order... It's one of my 2012 fall goals for NWI.

Top Bottom