• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    Being a new member in 2012, I tend to stick to the main range when I'm at MCFG. I have used the North bay during a class with ACT and noticed that there aren't too many (if any at all) target holders out in the bays. Despite this, the bays seem to be really popular with members.

What do you use the North/South bays for? Do you setup your personal steel over there? Do you use the extra room for multiple targets and run various drills? Do you have competitions with shooting buddies? Do you just plink like you would on the main range, but in private?

Just curious how I can utilize that part of the range better for my continued firearm practice. Thanks

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I'm not a member, but I was there last tues night. I asked the question about those bays. They fill up first b4 the main range. You might have to bring your own target holders as the ones that are there are STS* When you're there you can be by yourself or with friends or a couple of other members. Fewer people to contend with if contending with other people is a problem for u..

*shot2S

ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN
    What do you use the North/South bays for? Do you setup your personal steel over there? Do you use the extra room for multiple targets and run various drills? Do you have competitions with shooting buddies? Do you just plink like you would on the main range, but in private?

Just curious how I can utilize that part of the range better for my continued firearm practice. Thanks

I've seen all of the above in regards to the bay. For me, I prefer them for now so that my 9-year-old can have less distractions. We practice making the line hot and cold when we're there alone so that we'll be more comfortable on the main range in the event that the bays are full when we get there.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Run whatch'ya brung.

I bring my own targets and stands and even my own table. There are some target holders there and a couple of benches. You need to bring your own cardboard backers and targets for the bays though. :)

PS: Please DO NOT shoot the barrels!! :rolleyes: These are used for other purposes and ARE NOT TARGETS or TARGET HOLDERS!

PPS: As far as running drills remember that MCF&G including the bays is a,"COLD RANGE", which means no drawing from a holster etc. The same rules, Link: http://www.indyrange.org/media/MCFG_Rules_Revision_4.7.12.pdf apply in the bays as on the main range. :)

MCFG05-17-2012010.jpg

MCFG05-17-2012013.jpg

MCFG05-17-2012014.jpg

MCFG05-17-2012007.jpg

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Wow! Nice set up Vince. I usually have found target holders there and just put up my own cardboard. Sometimes cardboard is left from the previous users but not often. I normally use the East end of the rifle range b/c I like to shoot my 22 rifles first and then go to the handguns later. I'm normally there during the week too, never been on a weekend but I hear it's pretty busy.

ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN
    Yes, nice setup indeed. I'm not quite as eloquent. I bring the cardboard and have a roll of packing tape on a dispense that grossly tape to the stands visible on right side of the pics posted above.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I prefer the bays for pistol drills. I bring my own steel and holders and find the bays more convenient when lugging that stuff.

There were targets and holders out there at one point, but members destroyed them. Hopefully, the board will provide more, but understanding there are some who use barrels, tables, and chairs as targets, I'm not sure that will happen.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I live really close to MCFG range. Went to a board meeting to check it out. Didn't have the cash to join that night. I need a place to practice pistol during the week when it's not crowded. I have a 10 visit pass to ECPR (weekends only) and ITP (indoors) loud and a ways away. I figured I'd join MCFG down the road, say in the fall. Anyone wanna invite me as a guest? I promise not to talks politics or religion unless prompted. If so, PM me. Cheers

TheCleaner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Just joined the bays are great for a quick lunch break. I have brought my own targets. The round holders have been in each bay. Great people. They are up to 1000 members.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom