• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    North Carolina's governor has invoked a state of emergency in NC. Along with empowering the government, she also disarmed everyone who carries a firearm for protection. If the hurricane does hit head on and things go to hell, the citizens of NC, (and anyone passing through with a license to carry) will be forbidden to carry outside their homes. The even affects people who are far away from the coast line and effectively negates their permit system and the right to defend ones self.

North Carolina declared 'gun free zone' in anticipation of Hurricane Earl - National gun rights | Examiner.com

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    North Carolina's governor has invoked a state of emergency in NC. Along with empowering the government, she also disarmed everyone who carries a firearm for protection. If the hurricane does hit head on and things go to hell, the citizens of NC, (and anyone passing through with a license to carry) will be forbidden to carry outside their homes. The even affects people who are far away from the coast line and effectively negates their permit system and the right to defend ones self.

North Carolina declared 'gun free zone' in anticipation of Hurricane Earl - National gun rights | Examiner.com

WTF? I was hoping this was an Onion New Network headline. That's just dumb. Take them away when you need them most.

I'm betting that CCW permit holders won't really care? Carry on, NC.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    I thought this applies everywhere when a state of emergency is invoked. Even in Indiana during a flood when they declare it a "state of emergency". Seems like a good idea to me. A simple declaration and the government is in total control, no silly problems with some "bill of rights".

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    During something like most will either not be in their home and far far away or will not plan on leaving their home for a while.

After a huricane hits it is not like you can just go right out and go to wally world..... so why does it matter in the long run? Do I agree with it? No, just saying that it does not really effect anyone MUCH in this case.... if they decide to wait a long time to lift it then thats pretty messed up.

Chances are high people will be trying to loot and rob...... id rather not be out in that.

I also doubt the LEO's are going to be to worried about CCW's and more about hurt people, down power lines ect ect. Doubt they would even ask nore care.....

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    During something like most will either not be in their home and far far away or will not plan on leaving their home for a while.

After a huricane hits it is not like you can just go right out and go to wally world..... so why does it matter in the long run? Do I agree with it? No, just saying that it does not really effect anyone MUCH in this case.... if they decide to wait a long time to lift it then thats pretty messed up.

Chances are high people will be trying to loot and rob...... id rather not be out in that.

I also doubt the LEO's are going to be to worried about CCW's and more about hurt people, down power lines ect ect. Doubt they would even ask nore care.....
    yea kinda like katrina huh?

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    yea kinda like katrina huh?

Yeah you would have not caught me out in that mess...... I worked for a hotel during that mess.... you would not beleive how many smart people came north right before or right after... one guy drove his Grand National all the way up and had extra gas can in the trunk full of fuel....... said he did not want to put the miles on it but it was that or it get flooded out.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I thought this applies everywhere when a state of emergency is invoked. Even in Indiana during a flood when they declare it a "state of emergency". Seems like a good idea to me. A simple declaration and the government is in total control, no silly problems with some "bill of rights".

Did you forget to use purple font? :D

If you have to check on family, evacuate yourself, house burns or whatever you still need to protect yourself.:twocents:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Declaring "gun free" before the event is telling every low life around open season. I think its a bad idea anyway you do it. With powers like this simply invoked with a stroke of a pen should tell us what to expect in SHTF.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    It's too bad politicians and lawmakers don't understand the old military leadership addage: "Never give an order you know won't be obeyed."

Exactly. However, it is the police in this case that I am worried about. We all saw what happened during Katrina when then police were forcible disarming people, and beating them when they resisted. All in the name of "following orders".

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Umm didn't the supreme court declare this illegal after new orleans did this in katriina? I thought they had, I guess I was wrong

I don't know if the SCOTUS did or not, but Indiana passed a piece of legislation (HB1065) forbidding the confiscation of legal firearms during an emergency/disaster.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I would DEFINATLY follow that rule, and disarm myself. Yep I would. I certainly would.

Not.

Top Bottom