• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    I've always heard great things about the Norinco. I might search for it but I had heard it used some of the best steel for customizing work. I wish I could find one.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    some of my favorite 1911's i've built started out as norinco. granted i only used the frame and slide, but they sure turned out nice and easy to work. i'd buy more if i could find them at a reasonable price.

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    Check here: The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site - Norinco

Lots of good information on the Norinco's. They did use some very good steel, very hard. They were used as the basis for a lot of custom guns, back when they were still being brought in to the county. In the sticky section of that link there is a whole post on just the steel used.

As I recall, some of them had "timing" issues. Check the barrel lugs, if they show some peening at the front edges, you may want a smith to look at it. I don't believe it was a big deal to correct - something about swagging the frame rails I believe.

Basically they are supposed to be great guns, especially for the price. If you don't mind my asking, how much did you have to give for this one?

Oh, and let's see some pictures of her.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom