• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I haven't bought yet, but will likely place the order this fall. My choice will be the Gemtech HALO. I like getting the most bang (or "thwack" in this case) for my tax-stamp buck. As delivered, the HALO can be quickly and easily attached to any of my AR carbines, regardless of barrel length (10.5" or 16") or muzzle device (A2 FH or VLTOR VC1). With a single adapter (which I've already purchased), it can also be used with my AKs in 5.45x39 and 5.56x45. The HALO is also full-auto rated, which means that it will certainly take any abuse my semi-autos can dish out.

The HALO might not be the quietest or lightest 5.56 can on the market and may not attach or detach quite as fast as the twist-lock types, but it is relatively reasonably priced, and its versatility can't be beat. Couple that with Gemtech's proven customer service and overall reputation and presence in the marketplace, and you have a winning combination, IMO.

I have friends who own the Gemtech G5, Tactical Innovations TAC-16, and AAC M42000. All report being pleased with the quality and performance of their chosen make/model.

FWIW.

AFpilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    +1 on the Gemtech Halo. I did countless hours of research before I purchased one about 2 months ago. I found one used for $450. My paperwork should be nearing completion in a few weeks, then I'll let you know a true report!

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    The Halo is just about as quiet as AAC's offerings and Gemtech is in no jeopardy of going out of business due to lawsuits ;)

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I have no sympathy for those D-bags.

You should see Robert Silvers' desposition.

He's asked about the ad they created:

Q Who helped with the ad?

A Cara Brittingham

Q Anyone else?

A No.

Q Did Kevin Brittingham help?

A Yes.

Q Did you help?

A Yes.

Tell me he's not a super-tool !?!?

And do you know his reasoning for telling the world their cans are 2.5 times stronger than Surefires? He measured the "welds" and Surefire's welds covered xx amount of the circumference of the baffles and AAC's covered the full circumference and dividing them out you get 2.5 times the linear distance. He ASSUMED this made them stronger when in fact, it does not. He admitted no engineers or scientists confirmed this theory of his.

This would be like gluing a model airplane together where the instructions said. This is probably strong enough, you'd think. Well, Robert would probably cover the entire plane in glue and boast about how much stronger his model is. Stupid if you ask me.

All of their claims are based on BS theories like this.

He was asked about his degrees. He brags about his masters degree but it's not in any field related to designing silencers. It's in art, media or advertising. He admits to learning about welding on the internet but somehow he's regarded as an industry "expert".

The tool is going down and he's going down hard...

They sold "SCAR" silencers to the public based on the premise that these are the same silencers that FN bought for the SCAR. Well, FN rejected AAC's suppressors, ALL of the ones they tested, no contract with them to purchase AND those suppressors did not meter anywhere near the suppressors AAC sold as "SCAR" silencers. That's quite a lot of douchebaggery as far as I am concerned.

The company is based on lying, twisting words, spinning the truth and generally deceiving the public.

Their SCARmor was discontinued because they were illegally sending fully built TitleII firearms to a non-FFL holding company to have them refinished. They started using Molyresin without telling their customers and offered a "Refinish" later on if they needed it. WTF? Is this company going to be around later to help their customers?

LOL

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    They already had their pants down when trying to stick their little cocktail weenies into a guy I know for calling them out on their FN lying. Well, SF walked right up behind them and are proceeding to give it to them good just like Zed in Pulp Fiction. Except this time, there is no Bruce Willis to come in and save the day. Oh, and the gimp happens to be Robert Silvers, the same man they sent to the slaughter by giving that deposition.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Heh, AAC has had this coming for years. I'll admit that they turn out some decent products, but their heads are burried so far in their posteriors when it comes to business-sense, that they'll need to have them professionally removed.

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    Wow, I'm seriously out of the loop. I can't tell you about lawsuits or 5.56 silencers but I have both the AAC Cyclone and the Gemtech TPRS (both are for .30 cal). The AAC Cyclone is better. I also have adaptors to put these on 5.56 rifles and they work great. Maybe not as quiet as a dedicated 5.56 silencer but effective.

NFANut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Noblesville
    I guess there is no need for me to say to the OP - might want to look somewhere besides AAC - 'cause everyone beat me to it... sort of.

Top Bottom