• ...and so much more!
  • Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Common sense may prevail.

Front page of the Journal Gazette. The attorney general opposes the decision and they are asking for the ruling to be reviewed. Gotta believe this will be overturned. It is getting way too much negative press to stand.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Sometimes doing the right thing rides the legal line

Ooh, is that the line from SWAT? I love that movie! It's got to be the best worst movie in the world.

Remember when Hondo and sideburn boy are in the Captain's office and he says "sometimes doing the right thing isn't doing the right thing."

Wonder if I can find my copy and watch it tonight and clean some guns?

"No roll, Hondo?"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFPi5_BQ0CQ[/ame]

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Paul Ogden makes the case that this ruling truly changes nothing, since the law is what the law is. The Castle Doctrine, which is established law, makes no mention of an exclusion for cops breaking into your house. The right to resist is codified into law. Doesn't mean we don't need this overturned, tho. We do.

Ogden on Politics: Barnes v. State: Why the Constitution Doesn't Matter

The problem though as stated in the article is that it's THE JUDGES who are going to uphold convictions of people who resist based on that decision.

The decision may not have changed anything but it changed everything...:n00b:. If that makes any sense (& I'm not saying that it does).

The law may make it legal but if you can still be convicted for following the law then what good is the law?

Top Bottom