• ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Lugar wants new assault rifle ban

Lugar, who faces re-election in 2012 and is known for sometimes crossing party lines to vote with Democrats, said Congress should reinstate a ban on assault weapons following the shooting in Tucson, Arizona, that killed six people and critically wounded Democratic Representative Gabrielle Giffords. He acknowledged such action was unlikely in the current political environment.

“I recognize the fact that the politics domestically in our country with regard to this are on a different track altogether,” he said. He noted that sales of ammunition soared following the attack, possibly on fears that Congress might react by restricting its availability.

He said he expected to have a Republican primary challenge next year. Tea Party activists in Indiana have said they are searching for a candidate to challenge Lugar, saying he’s not conservative enough for the state.

“It’s not one that I welcome, but nevertheless, this is a democracy,” Lugar said.

China Not Doing Enough to Control Spread of Nuclear Material, Lugar Says - Bloomberg

[we have got to get this man out of office]

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I ask again... if Lugar wins the primary on the GOP ticket... how many of you now calling for his defeat will vote for Lugar anyway, because he's better than the dem?

There are other candidates out there. You don't have to support them, but you can definitely consider them as a protest vote against progressives masquerading as Republicans

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Lugar, who faces re-election in 2012 and is known for sometimes crossing party lines to vote with Democrats, said Congress should reinstate a ban on assault weapons following the shooting in Tucson, Arizona, that killed six people and critically wounded Democratic Representative Gabrielle Giffords. He acknowledged such action was unlikely in the current political environment.

He sounds more like Arlen Specter every day. Even if we beat him in the primary, he will probably pull a Murkowski.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I ask again... if Lugar wins the primary on the GOP ticket... how many of you now calling for his defeat will vote for Lugar anyway, because he's better than the dem?

There are other candidates out there. You don't have to support them, but you can definitely consider them as a protest vote against progressives masquerading as Republicans

:orly:

"Protest Vote"s on get you OBAMA'S (and the like) IN OFFICE! :xmad:

I can't stand Peter Gun.....I mean Dick Lugar :evilangel:but he's better than 99.9% of the Democrats :n00b:!

Rick983

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Dick Lugar has never been a friend to gun owners. He hides behind the Republican banner because he feels it's easier to be elected in Indiana if your'e a repub. If he is the nominee I will vote for him but won't like it! :dunno:

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    photoshooter I will allways pick a Republican over a dirty democrat as we know the dems are out to end our way of life, trample the constitution and ruin this country.......

That said Lugar needs to not run again his time has past. I think I speak for most real republicans when I say in respect to the past he will be counciled to not run, but should he want to not retire like a gentleman he will be squashed like a bug in the primary. We need to all stop just moaning and throwing away our votes and get back to supporting real conservatives who will not stab us in the back. The last election we made some mistakes but at least it was made clear no more jobs for life. Earn your seat or go home!

Last edited:

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    I think we need to push votes to Libertarian canidates and get ride of both of the wings that make this government bird fly.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Sen Lugar has turned into an embarrassment to the people of Indiana. He's too old to be running again and he just can't admit it. Not only do we need term limits, we need a mandatory retirement at age 70 for congressmen.

caneman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Lagrange County
    I've vored for his Libertarian opponent the last three times he was up for election. Not many have joined me.

Lugar, like Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar where he was educated in England to the one world philosophy. He removed it from his web page but one of his bragging points a couple of years ago was he worked hand in hand with Obama in drafting the U.S. input for the United Nations Small Arms Ban which will be coming up for vote.

I've tried to tell folks about him for 20 years but you know Indiana voters. He was mayor of Indy and has a nice smile so he's okay.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I wonder if I send a letter to Lugar reminding him that he swore to uphold the constitution as his oath of office, would I get visited by several large people dressed in black driving black Suburbans, with the beat of helicopter blades filling the air?

Lugar has voted anti-firearm for most of his career as a senator. We must bombard the Republican committee in Indiana that as obama-messiah said, it's time for a change.

And yes, and Indiana democrat would be preferred to another six years of someone who doesn't support his state.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    photoshooter I will allways pick a Republican over a dirty democrat as we know the dems are out to end our way of life, trample the constitution and ruin this country.......

That said Lugar needs to not run again his time has past. I think I speak for most real republicans when I say in respect to the past he will be counciled to not run, but should he want to not retire like a gentleman he will be squashed like a bug in the primary. We need to all stop just moaning and throwing away our votes and get back to supporting real conservatives who will not stab us in the back. The last election we made some mistakes but at least it was made clear no more jobs for life. Earn your seat or go home!

Both parties are out to run and destroy our lives. The only difference is the Republicans are doing it at 50mph and the dems at 150mph.

SCREWED EITHER WAY

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    Here we go with our "own" local senator....

Lugar pushes to renew assault weapons ban - On Congress - POLITICO.com

Sen. Richard Lugar (R-Ind.) this weekend called on Congress to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004.

Lugar is the first GOP senator to call for increased gun control following the Tucson tragedy that killed six people and wounded 13 others, including Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. But Lugar, who supported the initial 10-year-long assault weapons ban when it passed in 1994, said he's not optimistic about the chances for passing gun control legislation this Congress.

“I believe it should be, but I recognize the fact that the politics domestically in our country with regard to this are on a different track altogether,” Lugar told Bloomberg Television’s Al Hunt Jan. 14.

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    :orly:

"Protest Vote"s on get you OBAMA'S (and the like) IN OFFICE! :xmad:

I can't stand Peter Gun.....I mean Dick Lugar :evilangel:but he's better than 99.9% of the Democrats :n00b:!

Do your homework................because he is a democrat that occasionally vote's with the republicans. This is the attitude that has kept the Dick in office for so long!!!!!!

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    This is a message I just sent to him.

Mr. Lugar
    What part of the second amendment do you not understand? It was written by our forefathers that the RIGHT to bear arm would not be infringed, but you are willing to support this. All in a time where the government is not willing to secure our borders. We the people of the United States of America have shown in this past election that we will not tolerate the bad policy and stripping us of our rights and money through taxes. It seems to me with your views on wanting to support a gun ban and the dream act that you need to be unemployed right along with your other cronies. It's not too bad though, you get 3 years of rocking chair money, food stamps, welfare and free health care (you get that anyway) all on the working man's back.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle

If Senator Lugar wins the primary, I will be looking at either the Libertarian candidate or the Constitution Party candidate(if they place one on the ballot.)
    I will not be voting for Senator Lugar EVER especially after he calls for another AWB.

Top Bottom