• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'll give that it's convenient. Looks as if nothing is on sale and there is a shipping fee. I wonder how prices compare to local, even with the additional sales tax?

xoregonian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Jay Co.
    231, HP-38, Titegroup and most of the popular ones are already out of stock. +1 on Bobcat. I stop by the booth and buy something at every 1500, doesn't matter if I need it or not. This was for the folks out in the sticks. Some have noted that they shop on line because of the distance to a shop. Some have had bad experiences with their LGS so they shop on line only. Cabelas has been pretty well stocked the last couple of times I've been in. I only buy there when something is on sale. I don't know about you guys but, there seems to be plenty of availability for powder and primers and even ammo. The last two emails from sgammo have had prices holding steady.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    It depends on how much you are buying. A few weeks ago my buddy made a trip to Bobcat to reresh our powder/primer supply. Our total came to about $300 and in comparing it to online pricing, we could have had it shipped/delivered for $10 less. The issue is that at a point if you spend enough your purchases sales tax offsets the hazmat fees and online prices were a bit lower too. No knock on Bobcat, good to support a Hoosier business.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've done both earlier this year. Took the 45 minute drive to Bobcat twice and spent a few hundred. Then a month or so later primers w/o hazmat on sale at Midway. Buying 10k gave a slight savings over Kimbal, but the drive and time made it hard to pass up.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I've done both earlier this year. Took the 45 minute drive to Bobcat twice and spent a few hundred. Then a month or so later primers w/o hazmat on sale at Midway. Buying 10k gave a slight savings over Kimbal, but the drive and time made it hard to pass up.

Yes, the drive, gas, and time is the big negative. We bought 3 pounds of Tac from Bobcat, (because they were out of 8lb jugs) and then 2000 WSP and 5000 WSR. Our total was $315.65 with tax. At Midsouth the same order would be $300.68 which includes insurance, hazmat, and shipping.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Yes, the drive, gas, and time is the big negative. We bought 3 pounds of Tac from Bobcat, (because they were out of 8lb jugs) and then 2000 WSP and 5000 WSR. Our total was $315.65 with tax. At Midsouth the same order would be $300.68 which includes insurance, hazmat, and shipping.

I try very much to keep business local but a long drive is tough sometimes on schedules.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Prices on Winchester primers i can drive up to Atterbury for a buck more and get them. Plus if you ask, you might be able to get a bit of aprice break if you're spending 150 or more with them on primers. brings cost down to a bit better...especially with shipping. Bobcat is about 35 minutes for me...but I never get that way for much.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've been to Atterbury this year too. I spread it around a bit.

Came home from Atterbury with 16# of powder, on my motorcycle. Rode home from Bobcat with 10,000 primers in the side box. :):

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Do NOT mix them together...

I've been to Atterbury this year too. I spread it around a bit.

Came home from Atterbury with 16# of powder, on my motorcycle. Rode home from Bobcat with 10,000 primers in the side box. :):

If you put them together you could show a new meaning of a "Crotch Rocket".....Bill..

Top Bottom