• ...and so much more!
  • CVictor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Crown Point
    Oy, this is bad for me.

In illinois for work 3 days a week, no carry. The worst is when I have to go to a processor in gary or east chicago on the way home from work and am unarmed because of illinois laws...MAN i hate that. They really need to honor our ltch, frickin commies.

school two days a week (sig in the car, a lot of good it does me there 1/4 mile away)

Gym 6 days a week, obviously don't carry there

I really only carry on the weekends, being I don't go out much on weekdays. it sucks

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    :+1: Felt naked the whole time! What a horrible feeling. How do people live like that :dunno:

I used to live in that and spend a lot of time in that now. I still work insurance claims in Chicago (can't seem to find enough of it here) and have to lock up the piece before crossing the border. Thankfully now I handle only commercial claims in high rises with gated parking and door guards. When I started, the worst was when I had to do insurance claims inspections on vacant houses in the south side hoods of Chicago. The best I could do was put on the trench coat and have a 4D cell mag light in one hand and a 28 ounce claw framing hammer in the other.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Oy, this is bad for me.

In illinois for work 3 days a week, no carry. The worst is when I have to go to a processor in gary or east chicago on the way home from work and am unarmed because of illinois laws...MAN i hate that. They really need to honor our ltch, frickin commies.

school two days a week (sig in the car, a lot of good it does me there 1/4 mile away)

Gym 6 days a week, obviously don't carry there

I really only carry on the weekends, being I don't go out much on weekdays. it sucks

Gary? You can't carry in Gary indiana?

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    No, the only time I don't carry in Gary is when i'm on my way home from willowbrook, IL...or headed to school...both are no carry zones. Unfortunately most of the time i'm in gary is for either school or work. Understand my frustration? lol :ar15:

Same problem for me. Most of the time I'm in Gary is for work - which is going to high schools. It's really just not right that the scariest places I go are the ones I can't carry to. :dunno: I keep my keys in my hand or pocket and attached to a wallet with just my id. That way I'm outta there if I need to be. Screw the work stuff I leave behind. And I keep my knife in the center console. And parking off school property is even scarier than going unarmed on school property. *sigh*
    On the up side, I survived my trip to the dangerous down of Watseka earlier today. :laugh:

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    We always talk about where we CC or OC, but not where we NC...

I'll share:

I was bad this last week.... five days in the hospital... unarmed.

Not even a knife... no Comtech Stinger, not even a flashlight with a jagged edge.

Protected only by a bunch of nurses, only two of which were hot. :n00b:

Hmm...looks like hospitals are not someplace I'd want to No-Carry in;

Suspect and 1 victim dead, 2 wounded in hospital shooting

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I have been at Riley with my son for a week now...

but I still have a pocket pistol IWB, a knife in my pocket, and 90% of the nurses are super fire hot.

I just throw the pistol in a GunVault Micro at night.

Sorry man.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009

I now work at one, Jack.

I know all of what I said to be absolute truth, at least for my place of business.

Not sure about others, but unless they let employees and staff carry, they're not any safer than this one.

T.V. makes them look more drama-filled, but just this week we've had a couple guys come in who were in cuffs as well.

Muddy_Ford

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Hartford City
    ? Lots of places. It's not really all that dangerous most places I go. Just to get it down to representative list I'll think off the top of my head places I've NEVER felt the need to carry.

Church, I used to go.
    Funerals
    Weddings
    When I was the patiant at Dr office or hospital
    In a cave
    Normally not on a kayak or canoe trip:dunno:

Jack I carried during my wedding. Does that make me :shady: :):

erik7941

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Noblesville
    ? Lots of places. It's not really all that dangerous most places I go. Just to get it down to representative list I'll think off the top of my head places I've NEVER felt the need to carry.

Church, I used to go.
    Funerals
    Weddings
    When I was the patiant at Dr office or hospital
    In a cave
    Normally not on a kayak or canoe trip:dunno:

For my friend's wedding a year or so ago, (if you're reading this, you know who you are) had a debate on whether or not his wife would be pissed if we both hip-carried in his wedding, we decided against it but I think he may have still carried on his ankle. A few weeks ago I scared the hell out of my Dr. while carrying. Also, if I was in a cave, I'd definitely be carrying, maybe that's the result of watching that movie, "The Cave."
    The only places I've never felt the need to carry is (and I agree with you on the funerals and kayak/canoe trip)...at gun shows, government buildings, airports, etc.
    Last week I didn't carry while going to a gas station near my apartment, I really wish I had cuz there's always shady looking people there but I was in a hurry and ran out the door without it. I almost went back for it when I remembered it but I didn't have time before work.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    I now work at one, Jack.

I know all of what I said to be absolute truth, at least for my place of business.

Not sure about others, but unless they let employees and staff carry, they're not any safer than this one.

T.V. makes them look more drama-filled, but just this week we've had a couple guys come in who were in cuffs as well.

Ditto

I'm one of those hot male nurses, but sorry. I'm married (to a lady).

Ditto

No carry at our hospital either, not that that stops everyone.
    Oh, no Security at our hospital either. And I'm the only male nurse on staff.

Top Bottom