No alcohol or Diet coke for a month - can I do it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Doh, that came out quick...;)
    yeah, I considered letting it go to not appear defensive but said screw it, I don't have an alcohol issue :)

If you want to do that im not sure if you will see any result in just a month.
    Of course you're the doc, not me. :):
    Do you also have a plan to workout and burn calories on top of that?

I actually lost several pounds in a week when I stopped last time. I have plans to work out daily, I just don't. My push ups stopped when I injured my elbow, and yesterday my knee hurt badly for no good reason. That's part of the reason I'm trying to do "out with the bad, in with the good" stuff. Oh, and I need a good colonic cleansing. Anyone know a guy?

7 hours in, I'm OK. drinking water. Odd taste, no bubbles or anything in it!

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    youcandoit_zps4e44416e.jpg

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I'm starting a Arbonne 28 day detox program tomorrow. No caffeine, sugars, glutens, etc. It pretty much wipes out much of what I eat. They do also have a 7 day cleansing aid as part of the program. I did this earlier in the year and dropped 30 lbs in 28 days without really exercising. And felt great overall. I gained a bunch back not following the proper eating habits but I really like to eat. I expect to loose as much this time as well by adding exercise to the program. By continuing healthy habits past the program I expect to be 50lbs lighter than I was last year at this time by the middle of February.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Set your goals lower. I smoke Marlboro lights and drink Coors light. That's diet beer and diet cigarettes. What more can I do?

I hoped to survive to 21, anything past that is a bonus. I'm a winner!:rockwoot:

Good luck Doc, you can do it!!!

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    That's what you think. I'll be making a fortune in barter items selling sodas as comfort items, and not stored stock but continued production.

Good luck with it doc, I've been trying to kick the 2-3 a day diet soda monkey for years.

You can order anhydrous caffeine powder that will last an individual a long, long, long time for very cheap.

Amazon.com: Caffeine Anhydrous (500 Grams) (1.1 Lbs) Bulk Powder: Health & Personal Care

$14 dollars for 500 grams, and the standard serving is 50mg-160mg (tea-energy drink), so do the math as to how much of the good stuff you could make when it comes down...

Set yourself up as the Post Apocalyptic Warlord of the Buzz; all for an investment of about $50. Add a little natural sugar, some coloring; and viola; Nuka Cola.

Alternatively, you can use the powder for dietary supplementation far, far more cheaply than GNC bought caffeine supps, energy drinks, etc. Since it has no sweeteners; natural or artificial, it can also help ween you from sugary or soft drinks, coffee, etc.

Another pro tip: Aspirin or white willow bark increases the half-life of the caffeine quite a bit, so if you have any of that on hand, you can stretch your supply quite a bit.

woodwalker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Brownstown
    I quit drinking Coke on July 4th. It was hard to do after getting up at six every morning and drinking one. If I didn't have one by 8 am I would have headaches. It took me a week of having headaches but now I don't drink or crave them any more. Plus I lost about 15 pounds.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    It's about the mind set. You can do it with the right motivation. I gave up all sodas 10+ years ago. My sister was diagnosed with cancer and her oncologist said diet cokes were very bad. I quit that day and haven't had one since. The first few days I had a headache. Now, I don't like the smell of cola. I wish you the best.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Good luck.
    I gave up diet sodas back in 2008. I'm also down to 1 maybe 2 cups of coffee a day.
    I used to drink 3 maybe 4 diets a day and at least a pot of black coffee a day.
    I thought that giving up that stuff would be hard but it was easy for me.
    As a suggestion you might try drinking lemonade.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Nearly 24 hours in, feel fine. Twice already I found myself in a position where I'd usually grab a can of diet coke. Coming downstairs first thing in the morning and on my way to work. I'm no more awake now than I'd be after two cans on a typical day at this time. My wife's a dentist and hopes I stick with it too. Not good on the teeth but not as bad as mountain dew.

We have a coke dispenser at work in a very convenient location too. The rest of my shift I hit the water instead and it seemed so foreign. Probably not a good sign.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I couldn't care less about soft drinks, don't miss them at all. Nothing quenches thirst like water. I do like beer and wine, have given that up before, didn't lose weight. I think soda is worse than drinking beer/wine in moderation. There's nothing healthy in soda, at least beer/wine has some redeeming ingredients! I do need to cut back though after the holidays....always seem to overdo it then.
    Good luck!

Top Bottom