• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Well the wife is thinking about stimulating the economy and buying a new or used 4X4 PU. We had really never looked at Nissan but the Frontier is the size that she wants (Crew Cab) and we are comparing this to a Colorado Crew Cab. The Colorado is tight but I'm worried about that in line 5 and durability over the long haul. Anyone own one of these beats or have any first hand knowledge, thoughts, comments etc - Thanks

5580_A20-0360.jpg

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have a friend who has had one for a couple of years now. His only 2 complaints are its not a full size truck, and it's not an 8 foot bed. He beats his up pretty hard. It is his do everything a truck should be able to do truck. I have seen it rutting through the mud to get to traps and his blinds. To pulling his bass boat. Even seen him haul a bobcat behind it a time or to.

If it can survive my buddy Roger it can't be that bad of a truck.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I have a friend who has had one for a couple of years now. His only 2 complaints are its not a full size truck, and it's not an 8 foot bed. He beats his up pretty hard. It is his do everything a truck should be able to do truck. I have seen it rutting through the mud to get to traps and his blinds. To pulling his bass boat. Even seen him haul a bobcat behind it a time or to.

If it can survive my buddy Roger it can't be that bad of a truck.

We have a 1 ton dually crew cab with the long bed this would be strictly for her commute, safety and comfort. Thats a computer photo of the one that shes considering. I'm excited, it's the Sport 4X4 decked out and she said that she might even let me drive it once or twice :D

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I absolutely loved my Xterra (SUV version of the Frontier).

I still kick myself for selling it. I used to PRAY for snow!

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    A buddy has one like that. He's got 70,000 on it now I think. It's a great truck. When I was in Iraq, we had a bunch of those (older ones) on some of the larger bases for transportation. They got the crap beat out of them, but kept going. I considered buying one when I came back, but haven't yet. It's what I'll probably buy if I get a truck that size. I like the one with the manual transmission.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    BrowDog Owns one ;)
    I hope you got myreply to your PM the other day as well.

Yes, I did and Thanks. He replied a short time ago. And believe it or not, I'm having trouble finding one in stock in a suitable color and options that we wanted. I thought that there was a surplus :rolleyes:

9rows

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    the only nissan product i have ever owned is my wife's current infiniti g35 sedan. it is a rock solid car.

never owned a frontier, but i have owned several toyota tacomas. one in the double cab configuration. best trucks i have ever owned bar none.

good luck with it.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Sarge...... FWIW - I used to work for a Japanese company and I was surprised to learn that in Japan, Nissan is considered the premier car manufacturer as far as technology and quality. The Japanese were conversely surprised to find that in America, Honda and Toyota were held in higher regard than Nissan. They rate everything else under Nissan! :dunno:
    :cheers:

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Meh, get you a good ol Chevy or Ford. Really stimulate the economy, get something with many cheaper parts available, you'd be buying American (mostly), and cmon, it's a chevy or a ford! :D

I really miss my 96 Ranger. My 95 S10 was just as nice too.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Well the wife is thinking about stimulating the economy and buying a new or used 4X4 PU. We had really never looked at Nissan but the Frontier is the size that she wants (Crew Cab) and we are comparing this to a Colorado Crew Cab. The Colorado is tight but I'm worried about that in line 5 and durability over the long haul. Anyone own one of these beats or have any first hand knowledge, thoughts, comments etc - Thanks

5580_A20-0360.jpg

Well she did it. Called me after work to tell me that she bought the red Nissan. She didn't hold out for the 4X4 Pro Sport option (skid plates etc, 4K more) because she wanted it to be RED and they couldn't deliver the Sport option in any color other than Silver. She's Happy and I'm glad that she bought a new 4X4 vehicle to be safe in. Ended up buying at Andy Mohr Nissan and the salesman (Ryan Hayes) was pleasant and easy to work with. Thanks to all who gave valuable input.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom