• Where is it located?

• Total voters

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    None of the above, but I voted next to the nightstand because that's the best fitting answer for me. I actually stuck velcro to the bed rails, then glued the other side of the velcro to a cheap pocket holster. This holster stays attached to the bed 90% of the time. Every night, I unholster from my waist and put the gun in the holster on the bedframe. I also attached velcro to the front of my treadmill dash and put the bed holster there if I'm running on the treadmill.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    You people scare me. Bunch of gun-clinging, right-wing fanatics.

How can you live in fear like this?

All you need is a sign on the front door that says "GUN-FREE ZONE" and you can sleep safely at night. I even put one by my back door, just in case.

:D

(I'm in a purple mood today. Better than feeling blue.)

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    None of the above. No kids here, mine gets put in the top drawer of my dresser across the room on the way to the door. I read a training article once that made sense to me. It stated that the weapon should be in a location where you have to get up out of bed to get to your weapon of choice. That time frame of getting up out of bed and to your gun should also be enough to help prepare you even more mentally to act upon the situation.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    None of the above. No kids here, mine gets put in the top drawer of my dresser across the room on the way to the door. I read a training article once that made sense to me. It stated that the weapon should be in a location where you have to get up out of bed to get to your weapon of choice. That time frame of getting up out of bed and to your gun should also be enough to help prepare you even more mentally to act upon the situation.

This has its points. I would counter it with, train train train. Something goes bump in the night, you should know what you are going to start doing right away. If you have a family, gather them together, for everyone, get your phone out and ready, or even start making a call, firearm should be readied as well. Train yourself to do it, "war game" it out, so you already have thought about what happens for different situations. Then when you wake up and grab your pistol, even as you are waking up, you already have an idea about what to do.

L. Cranston

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    ne. Indiana
    The poll left out an option--mine is under the night stand, with magnates. No noise opening a drawer, and not as obvious to a burglar. Also, another under the computer desk.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    DSC04904.jpg

Murzor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    On the nightstand. I do have children, but I also have educated and trained them to handle and respect guns. But I am an extremely light sleeper and its never more than 20 inches from my face. However, I do put it in the drawer when they have friends staying over.

Murzor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    I forgot to mention that my wife keeps her little pink pistol on her bedside in a holster.

I know I will get bashed for admitting that I keep a loaded handgun exposed while I'm sleeping with kids in the house. But if you met my children and interacted with them around guns you would understand. I would be more afraid of my wife grabbing the gun, lol. Plus I shimmed the door so that it is harder to open and squeaks when opening. Plus I can hear a fly fart from a block away and wake up, which isn't always a good thing.

shannonneumann

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    NE Indiana
    My EDC piece is going to be in the top nightstand drawer while I'm sleeping. But if I hear something go crash in the middle of the night, it's only a backup for the 12ga I'm grabbing on my way to the hallway.

jerryv

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Evansville
    In the nightstand, with a backup and plenty of rounds. The 90 lb German Shepherd is the alarm, so I'd have ample warning time. No children in the house anymore ..

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    The kid has his AR and Beretta M9 and Nitrolon Surefire upstairs so if he hears shooting he can back me up.
    For me, P220 and streamlight next to the spec's on the nightstand. 870 w/2 full reloads onboard behind the N/S.

Shorts? :rolleyes: If you're not prepared to see a nekkid armed man a split second b4 you get shot don't visit w/o calling first.:dunno::draw:

I would run from the naked part before I would the firearm, personally if I didnt own any firearms I would sleep in my birthday suit and if someone broke in I would run at them screaming.....why you ask? Because no one wants to fight the naked guy!

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    No kids. 12 ga next to bed with 00 and slugs, G17 under the pillow next to me, G30s in another room just in case. My little corner of the Eastside is a bit safer. Well maybe not but I sleep better at night.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Judge PD in the nightstand. Remington 870 Mag in the corner. My 19 year old son knows where they are and how to handle them if the need arises.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Why do you ask? Do you want to know where I keep the outside house key?

There are certain secrets that should remain secrets.

Or, break in to my home and before I blow your nose off, I'll tell you where my weapon was hiding. How about that?

I forgot, you'll be eaten by my five dogs before you get to me. Heck, do I have five dogs? Two dogs? Hell, I forget. I just put out the food and something comes around and eats it. Leave it as I have some meat eating animals. How many and what kind you'll just have to come over and find out.

Oh..... It matters not if I am at home or gone on vacation.

I hope you can run faster than your partner in crime. Am I getting carried away? No. But you might have to be.

Top Bottom