• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Once a gun has been fired can it still be NIB?

• Total voters

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    I agree, if you just took it out to finger eff it a little.....it might still be NIB depending on the amount of drool. But if you take it out and shoot it, it's now maybe "like new in the box" with round count provided, but definitly not NIB.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Nope, it's not NIB anymore. Though it might be listed on the exchange at higher than local shop prices where the item actually is NIB.

You discover the true character of a man when you are critical of his politics, religion... or when you encounter him in the marketplace.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    It sounds like they are making honest mistakes, since they tell you how many rounds have been fired through it, but NIB is N.I.B.

The only NIB is Never. Been. Fired.

Otherwise, you say LNIB.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    It sounds like they are making honest mistakes, since they tell you how many rounds have been fired through it, but NIB is N.I.B.

The only NIB is Never. Been. Fired.

Otherwise, you say LNIB.

i do agree with bazooka. i dont think its a melliciace act i just think its somone trying to make there product sond better than the next guys

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I agree, if you just took it out to finger eff it a little.....it might still be NIB depending on the amount of drool. But if you take it out and shoot it, it's now maybe "like new in the box" with round count provided, but definitly not NIB.

Wheww I saw the ban hammer comming untill I remmbered that this was LNIB vs NIB thread. :D and yep if its been shot no longer new!!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i see as of now there are 3 votes for "it can still be nib" id like to hear the 3 peoples resoning behind there line of thinking, or did they hit the wrong button

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    i see as of now there are 3 votes for "it can still be nib" id like to hear the 3 peoples resoning behind there line of thinking, or did they hit the wrong button
    Or do they have 3 "NIB" guns for sale. :):

And really...I'm not making fun of anyone's ads...it's just something that's been bothering me. I personally would want to pay at least a couple of bucks less over actual NIB prices for something someone else has popped the cherry on.

I'm not saying the with 100 rounds through it...it's now worth $100 less...but would you still pay new prices?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I wish the people voting "yes" to this poll would post their take on the situation...I would like to know how you can justify shooting a firearm and still call it NIB and not LNIB.

IMO, it's not like a car dealership like when a car is brand new and you drive it off the lot, only to turn around and take a couple grand hit by returning it.

If you are selling a firearm, you probably aren't going to get what you paid for out of it unless you are selling it to someone who A) doesn't know what they are doing or B) someone who doesn't have access to a firearms store with great prices.

To me, NIB isn't that much different than LNIB, as long as there are no blemishes on the firearm; zero rounds fired is the same as 50 rounds fired as far as I'm concerned; I just want to know the truth before I buy it.

(BTW, now that I think about it, isn't this a topic better suited for the "General Firearms Discussion" section?)

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Or do they have 3 "NIB" guns for sale. :):

And really...I'm not making fun of anyone's ads...it's just something that's been bothering me. I personally would want to pay at least a couple of bucks less over actual NIB prices for something someone else has popped the cherry on.

I stepped away from my comp mid-response, so mine was a little later, but it looks like we are on the same page.:D

As for this:

I'm not saying the with 100 rounds through it...it's now worth $100 less...but would you still pay new prices?

For me personally, I have a gun shop(more like a gun mecca) that I go to for NIB guns where the prices can't be beaten. I search the classified ads for great deals from people looking to unload money for quick cash/money to fund new gun projects, so NIB/LNIB doesn't matter too much to me as long as the price is right.

I definitely see what you are saying though.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Every Glock I have bought has been NIB off the shelf at the distributors store, they all have came with 2 rounds of brass left over from the test fire before shipping. I believe this is NIB.

Once owned is now LNIB.

Haha, good point...When I said "never been fired," what I meant was "never been fired by the person that purchased the(NIB) firearm." Aren't all firearms fired at least once by the manufacturer?

I still think a person that buys a firearm and sells it before firing it can call it NIB though.

Top Bottom