• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    The National Inflation Association today announced the release of its report about NIA's projections of future U.S. food price increases due to the massive monetary inflation being created by the Federal Reserve's $600 billion quantitative easing . . . NIA projects that at the average U.S. grocery store it will soon cost $11.43 for one ear of corn, $23.05 for a 24 oz loaf of wheat bread, $62.21 for a 32 oz package of Domino Granulated Sugar, $24.31 for a 32 fl oz container of soy milk, $77.71 for a 11.30 oz container of Folgers Classic Roast Coffee, $45.71 for a 64 fl oz container of Minute Maid Orange Juice, and $15.50 for a Hershey's Milk Chocolate 1.55 oz candy bar. NIA also projects that by the end of this decade, a plain white men's cotton t-shirt at Wal-Mart will cost $55.57

National Inflation Association

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Nice, aint we all just screwed.

Although the stores would have to have national guard and active army troops protecting the stores cause people will get desperate and they'll riot and storm the grocery stores

Last edited:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Don't worry, the Federal Government will institute price controls to combat the inflation that they started. At that point, stores will go out of business, unless the government subsidizes them or nationalizes them. This will involve more money printing and more inflation.

It's going to be super sweet.

cadan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Don't worry, the Federal Government will institute price controls to combat the inflation that they started. At that point, stores will go out of business, unless the government subsidizes them or nationalizes them. This will involve more money printing and more inflation.

It's going to be super sweet.

I hope they don't do so. Everyone should know, but doesn't that price controls are the worst of all. When they exist, rationing immediately follows, and producers stop producing. Then, instead being able to get something at a high price, you can't get something at any price.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I hope they don't do that either, but price controls are part of our recent history. The chances of it happening are pretty good.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Sounds like the Governments way of taking over the food industry. To the point where they will control food production and sales. Farmers will work for the Government and the Government will control who sales grocery items. I think it's a way of making companies have to be bailed out. So, then the Government can control said companies. Call it a conspiracy theory, but that's the way I see it.

DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    I don't know how reputable they are, but if this were to happen, and to some extent how could it not with how money is being printed, this country is in a world of trouble

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Huh...

I think someone is attepting to start a round of Panic...
    At the prices they are predicting most families would be starving within a month...

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Imagine seeing prices at stores that end with 11 zeros. A loaf of bread in Zimbabwe is $300 Billion dollars.

Inflation happens. I think $15.00 candy bars are entirely possible.

Zimbabwe_100_trillion_2009_Obverse.jpg

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    A bit leery of any organization that seems to "pump and dump". They give stock advice and tell people to buy gold/silver. Seems to me that they have some companies they want to promote and pump up the price on gold/silver by releasing "news stories", stock tips and loosely tying doom and gloom articles to recent government news.

Granted, things aren't going well right now, but I think they are capitalizing on the fear mongering wave attacking anything conservative right now.

On the fence regarding the article, given their proclivity in articles pushing gold and stock advice... :twocents:

Randall Flagg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    yeah, i mean god forbide they tell people to invest in gold or silver, better to invest in us bonds, then they would be legit.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Did anyone see Glen Beck tonight? If not you missed a great show. He talked about top down and bottom up. In other words the progressives are trying to get some Americans to create panic. Like what is going on in France right now. The Government would be the top. The citizens causing chaos would be the bottom. The rest of the citizens would be in the middle and be crushed. In other words fell the citizens with fear. Make them ask the Government for answers. Then their focus is off what is really going on.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Does this mean we can stop worrying about deflation?

Of course, silly. The brilliant minds at the Fed have their hands on the controls and will masterfully tweak the economy so as to give us only the upside we love forever and ever, with no fear of the wicked downside.

Sleep easy, your betters have it all in hand.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    yeah, i mean god forbide they tell people to invest in gold or silver, better to invest in us bonds, then they would be legit.

Hey, take a vacation, you don't have to be snide all the time. ;)

What I am saying is that I take anyone's advice or "truth" with a HUGE grain of salt when they say the economy is faultering, but then shove 15-20 gold companies or "stock tips" in my face on their website. If they have such low views of the economy, why give me stock tips? The market will just crash anyway, so why should I invest? :dunno:

Gold/Silver? Can't eat or shoot it at invaders. Can't plant it into the ground to create food. Can't wash myself with it or power my home with it. Who is to say that if you have gold/silver, the gubbermint decides it wants to audit those with it? What do you pay the "faultering" government with other than the gold/silver you have? IMHO, gold/silver is nice to look at, but a rich man's scare tactic game. Gold means nothing when a gun is shoved in one's face b/c society has decayed.

Taking what a drug lord once said: Silver or lead. To further modify it to this point: Those who have the silver will bend to the will of those with lead.

The point? Those who scream for you to buy gold/silver see something that others don't: A rise in the economy. They want you to buy the useless metal while the price is high, before the economy improves. Think about it: All the gold commercials on TV, how much do those cost? How much do "gold companies" pay to have their spot aired on shock jock TV and radio political shows? Does that money come from them BUYing your gold? No, it comes from them SELLING you this gold that they bought cheap by fleecing other sheep at an earlier date. If things are going to be so bad, then why are they selling you THEIR STOCKS of gold? Scare tactics and fear mongering tend to be like chess, not checkers, gotta think 3 steps ahead... :rolleyes:

THERE is your conspiracy, THERE is your ultimate shadow evil. Its the folks that claim they are on our side or "helping" us with "information". Nothing more than a VERY elaborate economic scam. Why buy gold at it's highest price? Why do they push so hard for you to buy the gold? This crap happened during the LAST recession. My idiot father bought into that stuff and lost TONS of money, buying gold at 1100 bucks an ounce, only to have it drop again when the market improved, but don't worry, the gold companies save your info, they will buy it back at the "current market value" :rolleyes:
    :twocents:

Top Bottom