• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    I heard from a friend that the last 1500 had a remarkably smaller turnout and that there were guys walking around selling mags who went home with a full bag because things mellowed out. I know ammo isn't likely to be available in abundance any time soon because of the broader market, but how is the next 1500 looking according to those of you who have frequented it over the years? I didn't bother going because I expected a mad house, but if things are mellowing out I may go back. There are some new vendors that have increased my interest in being there as well.

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    Correct me if I'm wrong here but I think the next one will be in the Exhibition Hall, which is quite smaller than the South Pavilion. Being in the smaller venue there will be a lot of crammed people in there. I agree it will be mellowing out by then but I still think it will be pretty close quarters if you ask me.

Rock River

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indy/Morgan county
    Yes the next one will be smaller and therefore the people will be packed in. I've usually skipped it and stuck with the January & March shows unless I'm just bored and feel like walking around.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    I think people were going home with their bags o' mags because they're all trying to get 2-5x what the mags are worth and the number of people dumb enough to pay $50 for a thermold is dwindling. I went two days and most of the people I saw selling things at reasonable prices Friday were sold out when I went back Sunday.

gds

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Lawrencburg
    I got some pretty good buys on AR parts at the last one. Had to pay a little more than I would have before the panic . As far as the ammo situation , I don't know , I've never seen ammo hoarding like this .

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    I predict there will be a table of test tubes for sale, the same old books from the March 2002 show, some nazi crap, some overpriced guns and a weirdo claiming to be the official armorer of the U.S. Marshals.

But, man, those candied nuts are awesome! And the people that sell all the Lee reloading equipment are nice and price their stuff reasonably. And Raven is squared away.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I think people were going home with their bags o' mags because they're all trying to get 2-5x what the mags are worth and the number of people dumb enough to pay $50 for a thermold is dwindling. I went two days and most of the people I saw selling things at reasonable prices Friday were sold out when I went back Sunday.

x2 This was the least crowded, and most enjoyable (on both sides of the table) 1500 in years

xdmdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    southport
    This was my first 1500 show and i had a great time. Got some cool stuff. I was unhappy with the glock selection. I hope its better next time. It seemed like any other pistol I would be interested in I found. Hope to meet more people.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    This was my first 1500 show and i had a great time. Got some cool stuff. I was unhappy with the glock selection. I hope its better next time. It seemed like any other pistol I would be interested in I found. Hope to meet more people.

Largely due to high demand. Glocks are sold out many places!

This 1500 was definitely not as busy as January, especially Sunday. I enjoyed it quite a bit, but was too busy selling stuff to look around and buy :D

hunternjh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It will be smaller, but i was shocked by the turnout. I got there early expecting a 2-3 hr wait and it only took about an hour. Maybe the jan show just scared everyone off!

Popeye81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    It should be a nice show.At the last 1500 I picked up stuff that I wanted at reasonable prices and saw plenty more things that I wish I would of had the money for. All in all it was a great show.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Wait out the market. The break in the cycle will not be until August.

Build capital and get ready to buy later. Now you should be selling.

This. You shouldn't be buying anything now. This is a time for selling. Stash your gun money and wait for the market to improve. I'm not sure we'll see any improvement in inventory by August, though. I expect the entire year of 2013 to be a bust.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Here's what my crystal ball says, 1000 rnds of AK ammos $350, .223 at .60cents a round, Pmags around $20ish and guns my ball get's all cloudy on.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I just go for the entertainment. Aside from that, time and money would be better spent doing a gun store tour.

I'm always amused when I see guys OCing a full size gun, without a magazine and with an orange zip tie through it. Am I the only one who is amused by this?

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I just go for the entertainment. Aside from that, time and money would be better spent doing a gun store tour.

I'm always amused when I see guys OCing a full size gun, without a magazine and with an orange zip tie through it. Am I the only one who is amused by this?

Meh, I've been that guy. I don't OC per say, but last gunshow I went to I had my gun in a belt holster under a jacket, got ziptied at entry but eventually removed the jacket because I was warm.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I predict a lot of body odor and crop dusting.
    Prices ..... Will be lower but not back to normal because people will still be trying to sell to any remaining panic buyers.

I don't agree with the people who say to sell unless you really don't need something or you want to get something else. Who knows when the next nut job will go shooting again and then all the gun haters and morons who think its the guns fault will beat their drums around the fire again. Which will again drive people into a buying frenzy and price hike everything.

Top Bottom