• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Again rambone, what has been stated previously about your Modus operandi and your lack of critical thinking is blatant here. Newt's conclusion you fail to recognize is that these positions will bring about much critical debate. Throwing ideas out for debate establishes a persons convictions on a subject? With out the insertion and inclusion of ideas nothing of value can be obtained. It's called "Playing the Devils Advocate". You sir are so one sided and narrow minded with a limited view of the world that I question your intellect.
    Sorry your preconceptions about Newt Gingrich are being challenged. He's not the hero that the TV told you he was. He wasn't playing the Devil's Advocate, he was playing the Devil. In his speech, he stirred up people's fears and pushed for eroding even more liberty to expand government "security", something he's a big fan of. Maybe you should broaden YOUR view of the world.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Newt Gingrich is far more dangerous than Barack Obama, because people on the conservative side, who profess to care about the constitution, can't take off their rose-colored glasses when faced with the sad truth about Establishment insiders like Gingrich. Newt is fascism wrapped in an American flag, carrying a cross.

You will never see him coming because you trust him. You'll probably dismiss anything negative you hear about him because it all becomes partisan B.S. at that point. Its just the libtards whining about their rights again. I'm going back to sleep.

Gridlock in Congress would be preferable to uniting the Reichstag under a fascist leader.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Devil's advocate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Study up.

Gingrich was definitely not playing the devil's advocate with his remarks.

No studying needed, I stated exactly my thought. An intellect such as Newt's has unquestionably resulted from an intimate understanding of Socratic Dialogue. Google that. The Wikipedia column is rather deep so I suggest Socratic Method as a simpler, concise concept:

Socratic Method

Study up.

Newt's mind works at a level not to be appreciated by most. Forwarding an idea or concept can easily be misrepresented (often maliciously) as a position when it is nothing more than fodder forwarded for further discussion.

Politics is an exercise in compromise. None of the frivolous OP post or that same tactic used in the MSM have any inherent value because the behind the scenes horse trading that goes on is never a known value and a consideration that is needed to understand any position or vote cast.

I personally see Newt as a committed, driven patriot and an invaluable national resource. His standing in history will be on par with the founding fathers.

Personally? I would trust the man to babysit my precious Granddaughter. I trust his most evident desire to preserve and enhance the quality of her future. I trust that under his guidance and proactive approach to partisan politics that piecemeal, half measure efforts to enact real change would become a thing of the past during his administration.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Newt Gingrich is far more dangerous than Barack Obama, because people on the conservative side, who profess to care about the constitution, can't take off their rose-colored glasses when faced with the sad truth about Establishment insiders like Gingrich. Newt is fascism wrapped in an American flag, carrying a cross.

You will never see him coming because you trust him. You'll probably dismiss anything negative you hear about him because it all becomes partisan B.S. at that point. Its just the libtards whining about their rights again. I'm going back to sleep.

Gridlock in Congress would be preferable to uniting the Reichstag under a fascist leader.

Is that any worse that your incessant exaggeration and misrepresentation of facts?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    No studying needed, I stated exactly my thought. An intellect such as Newt's has unquestionably resulted from an intimate understanding of Socratic Dialogue. Google that. The Wikipedia column is rather deep so I suggest Socratic Method as a simpler, concise concept:

Socratic Method

Study up.

Newt's mind works at a level not to be appreciated by most. Forwarding an idea or concept can easily be misrepresented (often maliciously) as a position when it is nothing more than fodder forwarded for further discussion.

Personally? I would trust the man to babysit my precious Granddaughter. I trust his most evident desire to preserve and enhance the quality of her future. I trust that under his guidance and proactive approach to partisan politics that piecemeal, half measure efforts to enact real change would become a thing of the past during his administration.

trollolol

ok man, you got me. funny stuff

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    trollolol

ok man, you got me. funny stuff

Let's see, I posted 29 minutes ago and you responded 18 minutes ago. Either you are a speed reader of my references and have chosen to totally avoid any constructive conversation, or you never looked at them, or your ability to comprehend the content is so utterly weak that sitting there in giggling ignorant bliss is more attractive.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Let's see, I posted 29 minutes ago and you responded 18 minutes ago. Either you are a speed reader of my references and have chosen to totally avoid any constructive conversation, or you never looked at them, or your ability to comprehend the content is so utterly weak that sitting there in giggling ignorant bliss is more attractive.

Oh, you were being serious?

Once I saw this I assumed you were making a joke:

Personally? I would trust the man to babysit my precious Granddaughter.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    So, Rambone, if Newt is Fascism wrapped in an American flag, is Obama Communism wrapped in a..a what. a burning American flag, a peace flag?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    How about we discuss his issues?

Lobbies for Ethanol Subsidies: Review & Outlook: Professor Cornpone - WSJ.com
    So along comes Mr. Gingrich to offer his support for Mr. Obama's brand of green-energy welfare, undermining House Republicans in the process. In his Iowa speak-power-to-truth lecture, he even suggested that the government should mandate that all new cars in the U.S. be flex-fuel vehicles—meaning those that can run on an ethanol-gas mix as high as 85%—as if King Corn were in any danger of being deposed. Yet there are currently dozens of flex-fuel models on the market, and auto makers already get a benefit if they sell them, via the prior fuel-economy mandates that did so much to devastate Detroit. The problem is consumers rarely want to pay more for flex-fuel cars when they get 25% to 30% fewer miles per gallon with E85, according to Energy Department data.
    Would have voted for TARP: Newt Gingrich - TARP

On September 28, 2008 Congressman Gingrich appeared on ABC's This Week and stated that the question was not whether something needed to be done, but whether it needed to be TARP and whether it needed to be done in the next 48 hours. He then states that he would probably reluctantly vote for the legislation.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Are you just trying to pick a fight?

This is a thread about Gingrich's policies. If you don't want to discuss them, then...don't discuss them. I won't be offended.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Why would you assume he's a UN patsy, like Bush? Shoot, the man just withdrew the US from UNESCO, ( a UN org that GW put us back into, after years of us being withdrawn). Give the man credit when it's due.

I could have said the flag of the new caliphate.:D

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Why would you assume he's a UN patsy, like Bush? Shoot, the man just withdrew the US from UNESCO, ( a UN org that GW put us back into, after years of us being withdrawn). Give the man credit when it's due.

According to what I've read, this is because they wanted to recognize Palestine as a state.

Is he anti-U.N. otherwise? I can't find info much regarding his general stance on the U.N.

Top Bottom