• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Never heard of him.:dunno: I wish I had Sirus Radio to listen to him, as he sounds interesting.:yesway: Didn't see anything about him possibly running for POTUS though. I feel the media would have a hayday with him.

Rambone, I like Ron Paul too, but he is as unelectable as Newt. The media has made him out to look like some kind of a kook. So IMO he is unelectable.

This is why I keep coming back to using the term reality. You will have two TRULY electable candidates that will be running in November 2012. A Democrat, and a Republican. One will have to choose for one or the other. As NO third party is really capable of fielding a candidate that can really win, if more vote Democratic than Republican the outcome is obvious. THAT IMO cannot be allowed to happen. So a Republican is the only REAL alternative isn't it?

I'm sure Mike Church isn't running. You should listen to his show. I'd say at least 80% of his content in every show is about the constitution. IE, is what's going on constitutional, explaining the constitution, etc. There's a reason that he mentions his phone lines are empty multiple times. People don't want liberty. They want their brand of tyranny.

Sounds like the media loves Herman Cain. They loved McCain as well. Whichever Republican primary candidate is supported by the media is a candidate that has a snow ball's chance in hell in getting my vote.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Today, former House Leader Newt Gingrich announced his candidacy for POTUS. Up until now, I was riding the fence, politically, between Tim Pawlenty and former CEO, Herman Cain.

Lots of things to like and respect about Pawlenty, including his heritage, his faith and his belief that the U.S.A. is still the greatest nation on earth. I know he is a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment. He also would make efforts to repeal Obama-care.

Herman Cain impresses me, particularly with his ideas for setting the federal tax structure..... so that it induces businesses, both large and small, to create new jobs...... thereby reducing the staggering unemployment in America. He also has a definitive plan that if applied, can greatly reduce the federal deficit, and our dependance on foreign oil and funds. I do not know where he stands on gun rights.

I have just visited Mr Gingrich's campaign site... newt.org
    It verifies many positions that I believed we (he and I) have in common. However, it does not, in any of the forums there (that I could find)... address gun ownership and citizens rights as provided by the 2nd Amendment.

Does anyone here know, for certain, where he stands on the issue???

Thanks for any and all comments, here.

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Would that be the same Pawlenty that just commented on tape at a ball game about some woman, an all the things he liked about her..."Now if I can only have sex with her.".......not sure what woman he was talking about though, maybe someone can????

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Newt is a very smart man with alot of good ideas IMO. Do I believe he is electable.... no. As someone posted before, I would LOVE to see a debate between him and Obama. Newt would hand Obama his ass.:yesway:

Problem I see on here time after time after time is NO ONE is good enough to be President.:dunno: No one is perfect and I probably could dig up dirt on God if I was given enough time.:rolleyes:

Everyone needs to get off the "perfect" person for President, it isn't going to happen. Every candidate will have baggage. You simply have to vote for the one who is the closest to your beliefs/desires/good for the country, etc... Taking into account the current occupant of the White House, they also need to have SOME idea what their doing.

Reality tells you it will be a Democrat or a Republican that is elected in November 2012. Believing anything else is wishful thinking. IMO ANY of the Republicans that have announced they are running would be a MAJOR improvement over what we have now. NOT PERFECT, but better.

I agree with you, people should not necessarily vote for their "perfect candidate". However, people should also stop voting for morally bankrupt, greedy, establishment politicians. Newt is one of them imo. I'm probably going to vote for Ron Paul, but if somebody else I like has a better shot, I'll probably vote for them. However, what I am REALLY tired of is people calling Ron Paul unelectable. Haven't you been watching your regularly scheduled propaganda networks recently? Even the talking heads are talking about Ron Paul. Maybe more people would vote for him if people would stop claiming he's unelectable. He may prove those people wrong. If you truly want to see him win the Republican nomination, tell people about him instead of telling people that already like him not to bother, because he isn't electable. :twocents:

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I agree with you, people should not necessarily vote for their "perfect candidate". However, people should also stop voting for morally bankrupt, greedy, establishment politicians. Newt is one of them imo. I'm probably going to vote for Ron Paul, but if somebody else I like has a better shot, I'll probably vote for them. However, what I am REALLY tired of is people calling Ron Paul unelectable. Haven't you been watching your regularly scheduled propaganda networks recently? Even the talking heads are talking about Ron Paul. Maybe more people would vote for him if people would stop claiming he's unelectable. He may prove those people wrong. If you truly want to see him win the Republican nomination, tell people about him instead of telling people that already like him not to bother, because he isn't electable. :twocents:

Anything is possible I suppose. The reason I say Ron Paul is unelectable is IMO, ALOT of what he is saying what we all need to hear and do. There are far too many leeches in society that are either not intellegent enough to understand it, or do not want to loose their "freebies", or both. Their intellegence dosen't go much further than American Idol, America's Got Talent, or Jerry Springer.

We are dealing with an almost totally ignorant populace, not all but most. They have purposely been dumbed down by the public education system. In other words, they are sheep. And I'm afraid the slaughter is coming.:n00b:

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    So, what happens if "my man Mitch" decides not to run????

Anyone think Mitt Romney will get the nod at the GOP convention?
    And where, pray tell, does he stand on gun owners rights? :popcorn:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I love Ron Paul. He's the only politician who's ever gotten a donation from me. He doesn't have a chance in hell.

Newt Gingrich would not get my vote... Not because of some fidelity thing, but because he doesn't make any economic sense.

Frankly, if we had someone who believed in the principles of free market economics, and who wanted to return us to a free market economy, but wanted to ban guns altogether, and I was confident I could take him at his word, I'd probably vote for him.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Anyone think Mitt Romney will get the nod at the GOP convention?
    And where, pray tell, does he stand on gun owners rights? :popcorn:

That is the problem with Romney. You do not really know where he stands on anything. In order to be governor of MA, he was pro-abortion, pro gay, anti gun, pro healthcare. To run as Repub for President. He flipped on everything. So I would never support him in the primary. I had more respect for Giuliani. I disagreed with half of his positions but at least he didn't change them for a different crowd.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I live in NH now and my boss is a life-long Boston guy, he despises Romney. Primarily because of how his position changes depending on who he is talking to.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    In '08 I saw Romney on tv saying he supports 2A but he believes there should be an "assault weapon" ban. That told me all I needed to know.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Anything is possible I suppose. The reason I say Ron Paul is unelectable is IMO, ALOT of what he is saying what we all need to hear and do. There are far too many leeches in society that are either not intellegent enough to understand it, or do not want to loose their "freebies", or both. Their intellegence dosen't go much further than American Idol, America's Got Talent, or Jerry Springer.

We are dealing with an almost totally ignorant populace, not all but most. They have purposely been dumbed down by the public education system. In other words, they are sheep. And I'm afraid the slaughter is coming.:n00b:

I agree with you. I'm not saying he's going to win by any means, I guess I just get tired of all the negativity whenever his name comes up.

"One and God make a majority." - Frederick Douglass

We are still the majority I believe. ;)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom