• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Today, former House Leader Newt Gingrich announced his candidacy for POTUS. Up until now, I was riding the fence, politically, between Tim Pawlenty and former CEO, Herman Cain.

Lots of things to like and respect about Pawlenty, including his heritage, his faith and his belief that the U.S.A. is still the greatest nation on earth. I know he is a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment. He also would make efforts to repeal Obama-care.

Herman Cain impresses me, particularly with his ideas for setting the federal tax structure..... so that it induces businesses, both large and small, to create new jobs...... thereby reducing the staggering unemployment in America. He also has a definitive plan that if applied, can greatly reduce the federal deficit, and our dependance on foreign oil and funds. I do not know where he stands on gun rights.

I have just visited Mr Gingrich's campaign site... newt.org
    It verifies many positions that I believed we (he and I) have in common. However, it does not, in any of the forums there (that I could find)... address gun ownership and citizens rights as provided by the 2nd Amendment.

Does anyone here know, for certain, where he stands on the issue???

Thanks for any and all comments, here.

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Last edited:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Going to be problematic. Bad form when you serve your dying wife divorce papers in the hospital because you are doing your chief of staff.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I was going to say, I like Newt, but he's probably unelectable due to decades of bad press.

That being said, I, for one, don't care who a politician is doing. I figure maybe if he screws his secretary, he'll be too busy to screw me.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I could give a rat's ass about his wife. What about stuff like this?? Basically a push for carbon taxes.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi6n_-wB154[/ame]

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS

Thanks for the link! It shines a light on his past infidelity, but it also reflects his honesty about same. As far as his personal relationships,... that's not for me to judge, altho it will be considered.. since it was a moral issue.

And thanks to the others who have posted comments.... but none of those posts address my question.

Where does the man stand on gun rights???

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Thanks for the link! It shines a light on his past infidelity, but it also reflects his honesty about same. As far as his personal relationships,... that's not for me to judge, altho it will be considered.. since it was a moral issue.

And thanks to the others who have posted comments.... but none of those posts address my question.

Where does the man stand on gun rights???
    Take your pick.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp...grich+and+gun+right&pbx=1&fp=2084946f3e04ed0d

Then decide if he's sincere. He's a career politician...so I take it all with a grain of salt.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would have a hard time voting for him in the primary because of the baggage. But I would really love to see Newt debate Obama in an old school debate. Newt would embarrass the empty suit.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Any time I've heard Newt over the last few years, he sounded as middle of the road as can be. You know, don't say anything that might torpedo a future election.

There's a -10% I'll vote democrat, a 10% I'll vote republican and 100% chance I'll stay home or vote third party. Not a chance I'll vote for Newt and his personal baggage has zilch, zero, nada to do with it. He's an establishment guy.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I will vote for whoever the GOP puts up against the empty suit. IMO anything else is a wasted vote, you may feel good at the moment, but you won't feel very good if the empty suit gets back in, especially if the vote is close and you could have made a difference.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Establishment politicians are the problem, not the solution. Newt is an establishment politician. I'll let you do the math.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Establishment politicians are the problem, not the solution. Newt is an establishment politician. I'll let you do the math.

So, you're saying Newt makes you feel all warm & fuzzy inside? He can pretty much count on your vote, eh!?

Sorry peeps, but most of you guys are sounding alot like the 'establishment politicians' that you're slamming...... addressing everything but the question at hand. Where does he stand on gun rights? :cool:

My very first concern, in the upcoming primaries and in the 2012 general election is...... who, in the GOP, can WIN and save us from 4 more years of "our dear Community Organizer"....

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    So, you're saying Newt makes you feel all warm & fuzzy inside? He can pretty much count on your vote, eh!?

Sorry peeps, but most of you guys are sounding alot like the 'establishment politicians' that you're slamming...... addressing everything but the question at hand. Where does he stand on gun rights? :cool:

If by warm and fuzzy, you mean, he makes me want to throw up, then yes, he does make me feel warm and fuzzy.

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I was going to say, I like Newt, but he's probably unelectable due to decades of bad press.

That being said, I, for one, don't care who a politician is doing. I figure maybe if he screws his secretary, he'll be too busy to screw me.

I don't care unless that person runs on a platform of moral authority and family values. When you run on these positions and vote on them, then cheat on your wife while she is dying then serve her papers on the death bed? No thank you thats the bad of the bad.

Thanks,
    Matthew

Top Bottom