• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    In last nights national news (Google news - us)

-2 stabbings
    -1 strangulation induced heart attack
    -1 pillow smothering
    -1 child beaten to death by a parent
    -1 putative model rocket bomb
    -1 moron driver that decided not to stop his trip when his passenger overdosed

the only gun news was NRA deciding that they supported Open Carry Texas even though they didn't want to.

Remember guns are bad and the root of most evil ( not all evil, that's money)

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    you forgot the shooting in canada, as well as the shooting in Seattle today

The Seattle story: Officials Hail Hero Students in Seattle Pacific University Shooting - NBC News

Let me say it before the media does - "had this gunman been using high capacity magazines these students wouldn't have had the break they needed to neutralize the threat."
    Or, possibly this one - "At least it was a low capacity shotgun with less than 10 rounds - that's what enabled the students to act - thank God for magazine restrictions."
    There. I scooped the news.

How about this instead - "Had the students or someone been armed, the gunman would have never made it to the end of his rounds in the magazine of his shotgun."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Seattle story: Officials Hail Hero Students in Seattle Pacific University Shooting - NBC News

Let me say it before the media does - "had this gunman been using high capacity magazines these students wouldn't have had the break they needed to neutralize the threat."
    Or, possibly this one - "At least it was a low capacity shotgun with less than 10 rounds - that's what enabled the students to act - thank God for magazine restrictions."
    There. I scooped the news.

How about this instead - "Had the students or someone been armed, the gunman would have never made it to the end of his rounds in the magazine of his shotgun."

Pretty much covers this one.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I'm about a day or so behind on the personal news (happens when you're working swing shifts).

I just found out a little while ago that the 20yr old woman shot (injured) in the Seattle shooting was the daughter of a friend of mine. Good thoughts, prayers, mojo, whatever are needed for her recovery. I hear she's out of surgery and has begun to open her eyes, but that's all I know.

Top Bottom