• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Bloomington
    Ok here's my problem... My wife(God love her) bought me an inexpensive pump 12 gauge as a surprise... I think it's an H&R 1891, a Chinese clone of a Remington 870.... I would like to put a tactical light on it without breaking the bank....It's to be used for home defense....Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks folks!!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Ok here's my problem... My wife(God love her) bought me an inexpensive pump 12 gauge as a surprise... I think it's an H&R 1891, a Chinese clone of a Remington 870.... I would like to put a tactical light on it without breaking the bank....It's to be used for home defense....Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks folks!!

Don't cheap out on a light for a shotgun. It has to hold up to heavy recoil when your life depends on it. I've tried cheapo surefire knockoff lights, and while some are fine for everyday flashlight use, none have held up on my 870. One or two shots and they're toast. Surefire or Streamlight are your friends... Fenix at the very least.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    My favorite mount is the Elzetta, well made in the USA

Elzetta ZSM-T Shotgun Mount with Thumb Screw

For the light, I think a great value is something like a Fenix TK15. Built well, plenty on light, good warranty.

Fenix TK15 S2 Edition

When you pick your light, make sure it is actually built to take the recoil. This means it will have springs on each end of the batteries. If not, you will slam the batteries into the front of the light, which can damage the light and/or the batteries. The cheaper EDC lights light a Steamlight protac, 47's Quark for Fenix LD just aren't going to like being on a shotgun long term.

Don't forget we have our INGO coupon, so you can save 10% on the Fenix light and Elzetta mount.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    Also, I like the magpul forends. Not sure if they will work on a clone 870, but I have one on my 870 and really like it. You can get a rail for it and attach a light that way, if you don't like the barrel clamp method.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Shotgun lights are something you have to spend some money on if you want it to keep working. I've tried almost everything, and the only one that held up to abuse was Surefire (which probably cost more than the shotgun). Each shot puts out about the same amount of recoil as dropping the light, so its very easy to beat a cheap light to death. Something that I believe is a must for a weapon light is a momentary switch that you have easy access to. Otherwise your giving away your position in a conflict, and giving the bad guy something to aim for.

My suggestion would be to forgo the cheap light, and spend it on a pack of cheap LED night lights for the house and put an XS tritium front bead on the gun. Your eyes are going to adjust to the low light quickly, and the tritium will allow you to aim.

Top Bottom