• ...and so much more!
  • Will0369

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Westfield
    Hello INGO,

Man INGO I am pumped! I have been looking for a new carry pistol now for about 6 months, and had my heart set on an M&P 45 Compact, until I went to Highsmith Guns on Saturday. Mark Highsmith, and my Dad are really good friends, and my Dad works at his shop. Anyway I was getting my Glock 17 resprayed in moly res, and was about to order the M&P when Mark's son Shane pulled an XD .45 Compact out of the safe and I fell in love. I had not even looked at this gun and once I put my hands on it, I was sold. In case you didnt know, the XD .45 Compact is a 4" barrel, with a chopped grip, it has a flush fitting magazine that holds 10 rounds, and then it has an extended magazine that makes a full grip and hold's 13 rounds. I was so impressed by the grip I bought it on the spot. The barrel length makes it real easy for me to line up the sights, and believe it or not, the flush fitting 10 round mag makes the grip a perfect fit in my hands. The 13 round mag is actually a little to long. In the end, the flush magazine does not print at all on my large frame, or should i say my fat a@#. And I am also very happy to own a .45 again.

Will0369

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Westfield
    any thoughts on how the XDM compact compares to the Ruger sr9c?

Well, I would have to say it depends on what you like, and what you want. I chose the XD Compact because of caliber and fit. I actually am able to get a better and higher grip on the XD Compact .45 than I do on my Glock 17 in 9mm. I also really like to looks of the compact, and that plays a big role in my book. The XD seems to get better looking with holster wear as well, something that some gun owners do not like, but I believe it just builds character in the gun. So to answer your question, if you like the ruger and it fits you well, get it. They both have the same setup, reduced grip with flush mag, and then a full size grip. The thing that puts the Springfield over the top is a match barrel and an accessory kit that it comes with. I would personally go with the XDM and when they come out with an XDM 3.8 45, with the to grips, I will probably think hard about a trade. The XDM is quite a big price jump though, Highsmith guns in Greenfield has the XDM 3.8 9mm package with the two grips, holster, mag pouch and bore snake for $639 I believe, where the have the SR9c for I think it is $469.00

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    My XD45c is my primary carry gun and I love it. It is the whole reason I have switched from Glock to SA. Was going to get a G21 but the grip was just huge. Went for the XD instead. Now I have sold all my Glocks and replaced them with XD's

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Sweet. I wish they had the .45 in a compact frame when I bought mine. Oh well, my .45 full size and my subcompact .40 will have to do....I'm glad you like it.
    You could chop your full size .45 and buy some 10rd mags and mag sleeves for your larger mags. I did it to my G22 and I love it. I didn't even bother with mag sleeves, but many people like them. It really is easy, esp if you can borrow a .45 Compact from a friend (or the OP) to measure off of.

I am probably going to do this to my step dad's .45 xd some day.

fw501

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    XD 45

I have 2 XD's myself and the compact 45 is my daily carry gun during the colder months. My XD sub-compact 9mm is my warm weather carry for the obvious....smaller. I love both of them as I'm sure you will too. 1000's of flawless rounds through both of them!:twocents:

redbaron

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld
    Good to hear all the XD45c praise! I picked one up last weekend from a member on here. Plan to hit the range with it soon. Looking to make it my EDC as well.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Great choice OP. I have a XD45 tactical and a XDm45. A compact is in my future at some point.

Good to hear all the XD45c praise! I picked one up last weekend from a member on here. Plan to hit the range with it soon. Looking to make it my EDC as well.

XD praise? Yes, I'm gonna do it. :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xuuk9zApIzs]YouTube - XD Song[/ame]

Top Bottom