• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trafalga

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Indy
    Marion County Fish & Game's website received a much needed face-lift over the weekend (actually it has been in progress for over a month). It is a much nicer layout with simpler navigation. Check it out when you have a few minutes at MCFG - Indy Range Office Website - Shotgun, Pistol, Shooting Range.

A mobile site was also created for easier use on smart phones. It doesn't have all the content of the main site, but does include a simpler view of the range schedule! It can be seen at Mobile IndyRange.

I would love to hear any feedback or comments you have about the new sites.

- Adam

Last edited:

trafalga

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Indy
    :D I like it!
    Been considering a membership so I can shoot during lunch breaks. Looks like I'll be attending a meeting there in April.

Me and a buddy used to go and shoot at lunch when we worked on that side of town. Great mid-day break! See ya in April.

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Looks pretty good man. I'd love to see some more pictures and video added over time.

Also, on the new announcement mentioning the FN 5.7 being approved, cartridge is misspelled.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Looks good, but "range" is misspelled in the second paragraph on the home page.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Thanks for the comments and mentioning the spelling errors. They have both been fixed!

There are still several spelling mistakes on the About the Club/General Info page, and the grammar is a bit off in some places as well:

"Portray a positive representation of shooting sports to our community."

...a bit cornfusing :scratch: in my professional* opinion. "Portray" and "represent" are very similar in meaning, so the sentence construction seems a bit redundant to me.

Suggestions; "Represent the shooting sports in a positive manner to the members of our community."

or

"Provide a positive image to the community as ambassadors of the shooting sports."

"Oppose diligently any..." --> "Diligently oppose..." sounds more natural to me.

"...the enactment of laws and perserver existing laws..." --> preserve
    asdfasdf

"...friendly relationship amoung its..." --> among

"...to work together for athe mutual advantage of all to the end that there may be a greater quantity of wildlife available in forest, field, and water"

-->
    "...to work together for the mutual advantage of all so there may be a greater quantity of wildlife available in forest, field, and water...for us to trap, blow away, hook, skin, gut, and eat because they just taste sooo damn good!" (Just kidding on that last bit!!) :D ;) :D

"to encourage and promote organized shooting sports among its memebers and the citizens of our community in the safe and efficient handling of firearms" --> cutting the fluff reveals the grammar error: "promote...sports and the citizens.." Promote the citizens to what...Mayor? :dunno:

Fix the word order:
    "to encourage and promote organized shooting sports among its members, and promote the safe and efficient handling of firearms among the citizens of our community"

"to oppose diligently any....of a firemarm...oneself!!!"

firemarm??? :n00b: Lose the exclamation points!!! Because it comes off as being a bit too hyped up/overzealous about what your are talking about!!!!!!! See what I mean!!!!!!!!!

--> "to diligently oppose any....of a firearm...oneself."

I would suggest Spell-checking all the pages again, I am sure there are other mistakes to be found...

* I get paid quite well to edit financial research....here's a freeby!! :ingo:
    P.S. If I have any typoes, it jsut means that I fat-fingered the kyeboard, not that I'm incontinent ;) at my job. I haz mad editing skills at work, Yo! Here, yer getting back exactly what ya paid me! :laugh: = It's late and I need to sleep!

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    sorry to bump and old thread but its related to my question :D

Where are the range rules located on this new site? I remember them being pretty obvious on the older page however i cant find them on the new page. I was planning on joining come this October and just wanted to go back over the rules for this range (allowed calibers, times of operation, etc.)

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Membership page.

sorry to bump and old thread but its related to my question :D

Where are the range rules located on this new site? I remember them being pretty obvious on the older page however i cant find them on the new page. I was planning on joining come this October and just wanted to go back over the rules for this range (allowed calibers, times of operation, etc.)

Click on MEMBERSHIP on the home page. :)

Top Bottom