• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Received verification from Casey Craig (Walther) that the magazine release is NOT reversible.

Designed to keep costs down to compete with Glock and Shield. The single stack 9mm market is settling in around $400 - $450 give or take

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    PPS trigger is very similar to the triggers in the other subcompact guns. Best I can figure from my cheapy wheeler trigger pull gauge is that my Glock 26, Shield and PPS all break about 6-6.5 lbs. The reset on the PPS is pretty long but the trigger breaks fairly clean. The shield actually has the lightest trigger but it is kind of mushy. So far as small autos go I would say pick a Glock 26/43, Shield, XDs, Kahr PM9, or Walther PPS and learn to shoot it.

JSJamboree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2013
    Avon
    I'm likely not as versed in all of the other compacts as some others here, but after trying one I picked one up. The grip is the best of any compact Ive held, trigger is great, and its easy to control. I agree with Vert that the reset could be a little shorter, but the break is great. Going this weekend to shoot this side by side with a 43, Shield, Kahr. Ive shot them all in the past and feel that I like this the best, but side by side will be a great test.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Still don't understand why Walther has this AND the CCP in their lineup. Can someone please explain that to me? They seem like they fill exactly the same niche.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Still don't understand why Walther has this AND the CCP in their lineup. Can someone please explain that to me? They seem like they fill exactly the same niche.

Because Walther is now owned by Umarex. The parent company is more then happy to whore out the Walther name.

JSJamboree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2013
    Avon
    I held them both at the 1500, though not side by side. They do seem very similar, but I don't like the bump out on the trigger guard like the Glock 43 has. It does have the lower rail however, I dont see myself ever using it, but its not bad to have. They do seem like they cannibalize the same market, but are slightly different takes. Not sure about the trigger on the CCP

JSJamboree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2013
    Avon
    I held them both at the 1500, though not side by side. They do seem very similar, but I don't like the bump out on the trigger guard like the Glock 43 has. It does have the lower rail however, I dont see myself ever using it, but its not bad to have. They do seem like they cannibalize the same market, but are slightly different takes. Not sure about the trigger on the CCP

Went shooting this weekend (amazing weather) and was about to put quite a few rounds through it, and let a few others give it a try (many people were interested). No one brought the Shield, but it was way better than the Kahr in every way, the trigger was slightly better than the 43, and the grip was way better. One of the guys was an IMPD officer who really dislikes single stacks. It didn't change his mind, but he did say this was the first one he's shot that he felt comfortable with, so that was a pretty good review in my book. Note, all of these guys are stock, no work has been done on them.

Klanham5576

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    NE Indiana
    Just my 2 cents but the new PPS M2 is much better than the CCP. Anyone that have field stripped a CCP will know what that three handed operation is like. Recoil on the PPS is amazingly low for as light as the gun is. I also like being able to change mag capacity by changing the base plates out.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    I carry the pps when I'm home and it's great if your not trying to pattern. I don't really see what this would change in the overall picture.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I would love to compare one to my custom Shield.

I already replaced my full-sized M&P's with the PPQ M2 series and do not regret it. I wonder if the PPS M2 would make me replace my Shield as well?

Top Bottom