• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    That's a beauty! I've never owned a .41, or even shot one, but I have heard great things from a couple of buddies who are fans of the caliber. Maybe someday I'll pick one up, but for now it's still fun to look :).

I didn't know there was a gun show in Plymouth today. Probably for the best as I had to work and would have been pissed all day about not getting to go. Besides the obvious great score on the Model 58, was the selection any good?

boatswainsmate

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 20, 2014
    Howard County
    That's a beauty! I've never owned a .41, or even shot one, but I have heard great things from a couple of buddies who are fans of the caliber. Maybe someday I'll pick one up, but for now it's still fun to look :).

I didn't know there was a gun show in Plymouth today. Probably for the best as I had to work and would have been pissed all day about not getting to go. Besides the obvious great score on the Model 58, was the selection any good?
    To me it was a great show with lots to look at other than tupperware firearms. It's the former Nappanee Show. I also bought a pair of Zebra Wood Large Frame Dan Wesson grips, J frame Banana Grips, 158 Gr XTP's, 125 GR XTP's, bullet mold and a box of 50 Caliber Gas checks.

Last edited:

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    To me it was a great show with lots to look at other than tupperware firearms. It's the former Nappanee Show. I also bought a pair of Zebra Wood Large Frame Dan Wesson grips, J frame Banana Grips, 158 Gr XTP's, 125 GR XTP's, bullet mold and a box of 50 Caliber Gas checks.
    Well, I guess that explains where the Nappanee show went. Kinda disappointing, as it's always been a decent show, and Nappanee is closer than Plymouth for me. Guess I'll have to pay attention next year and try to make it over there!

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    THAT S&W is just fantastic. I have had a Model 57 4 in. for about 35 years and I'll never sell that gun. S&W was handbuilding amazing revolvers in those days. Just look at that bluing! Now, not so much...... If you want to shoot .41 Mag. you really really need to handload it or you will never discover what a GREAT cartridge it is.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Looks excellent - classic Smith all around. You did well getting those Target-style goncalo alves grips with it: just checked, and that model came with the skinnier Magna style grips. The target grips get pricier all the time.

boatswainsmate

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 20, 2014
    Howard County
    Looks excellent - classic Smith all around. You did well getting those Target-style goncalo alves grips with it: just checked, and that model came with the skinnier Magna style grips. The target grips get pricier all the time.
    I found a set of the original type grips for it. They weren't cheap but I like to have things complete.

Top Bottom