• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven312

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2018
    Hammond
    Shoot it and get used to it. Get a feel for what you like before making any changes, would be my suggestion. I'm not familiar with this brand but it looks to be the same size as a Sig Ultra. You might want to find one and place them side by side. That'll give you some options for a holster (unless you have a kydex molded for it.)
    Enjoy it; it's a nice looking pistol.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Shoot it and get used to it. Get a feel for what you like before making any changes, would be my suggestion. I'm not familiar with this brand but it looks to be the same size as a Sig Ultra. You might want to find one and place them side by side. That'll give you some options for a holster (unless you have a kydex molded for it.)
    Enjoy it; it's a nice looking pistol.

Thank you , it's a safari arms made by Olympic from what I was told its commander size , definitely looking forward to shooting it

Raven312

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2018
    Hammond
    Thank you , it's a safari arms made by Olympic from what I was told its commander size , definitely looking forward to shooting it
    It looks like you have The Enforcer. It's said to be the size of a Colt Commander (for holster reference). There's a good amount of info out there about them.

Let us know your impressions.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on your first 1911. As others have said, shoot it a bunch and it will tell you if it needs anything changed. I don't know what your price point is but there are lots of good 1911 holster options out there.

Flytj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2021
    NWI
    For that 1911? I would say nothing, but yea, like others have said - shoot it and see how you like it. Some folks like to get fancy grips - but yours are cool and I would keep em. Depending on your grip, you may decide to get a different grip safety.
    ... and then, yeah - a holster. Tough to suggest on that since everyone has their own preferences...

dtownmj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2016
    Houston
    Break it in w a few hundred rounds and see what ammo it prefers. Congrats - beautiful gun. I prefernwood grips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Thanks all, big change from my steady glock diet haha ....I can definitely feel what everyone is always talking about with the 1911 trigger just doing my dry fire, can't wait to get a feel for it live fire
    I load so guess I get to play around with my 45 recipe and see what she likes best
    I really dig the grips too , that spider isn't normally my kinda jam but for some reason I love it on this gun
    Wish it had a rail so I could use my tlr1 and omnivore holster at the range, kinda nice just having the one holster work on all my guns at the range but oh well, don't want to permanently alter the gun for that

dtownmj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2016
    Houston
    Thanks all, big change from my steady glock diet haha ....I can definitely feel what everyone is always talking about with the 1911 trigger just doing my dry fire, can't wait to get a feel for it live fire
    I load so guess I get to play around with my 45 recipe and see what she likes best
    I really dig the grips too , that spider isn't normally my kinda jam but for some reason I love it on this gun
    Wish it had a rail so I could use my tlr1 and omnivore holster at the range, kinda nice just having the one holster work on all my guns at the range but oh well, don't want to permanently alter the gun for that

If you’re looking for a model w a rail i believe kimber sti and sig are your best bets for 1911s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Congrats on the acquisition of a quality firearm / platform!
    I have a Ruger 1911 Commander and it really prefers 200 grain .45 acp bullets...185 works great too!
    Take it slow...watch a few videos...handle it carefully the first few times out (SAO trigger) and get a feel for the 'locked-n-loaded' capability that it has...it's different, but yet an excellent platform!
    It's not necessarily made to be a 'speed' shooter like a Glock pistol can...take the attitude that it's just more slow and precise!
    As Tom Skerrit's Old Knight said in Indiana Jones - Last Crusade "You have chosen...wisely!"

Flytj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2021
    NWI
    I'll second the comment about not going wrong with Kimber 1911's - I'm kinda partial.

kjdoski

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Bloomington, IN
    I had several of those pistols back when Safari was still making guns - never had any issues with them. If you're going to reload for it, 200 gr LSWC are "the way" loaded to moderate velocity for soft recoil and fantastic accuracy. Won't match up to POA/POI with 230gr JHP defensive loads, but much mo' bettah to shoot...

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Ammunition and a nice day at the range ought to do it.
    Then a good pistol cleaning and then after you lock it away in your safe.
    A relaxing bourbon and a cigar on the lower deck is in order.

Top Bottom