• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Buy or just get your hands on one? (None of your business is a valid answer here :-) )

Tracking says mine arrives at my lgs tomorrow, hopefully by closing.
    Just handled one, i'll buy one when they hit at IOP. Some people haven't liked the color but they look better in person than in pictures, trigger on the one I handled was much better than my recent 2.0 purchase as well.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I don’t understand why it does not have suppressor height sights standard on it. All that cash and you still got mess
    With it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not everyone wants suppressor height sights. It's very common for gun manufacturers to keep prices down by using inexpensive basic sights. They know that a lot of people are going to change them out anyway.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Shot one yesterday at Range USA. Meh. Shot it alongside my standard M&P 9 and preferred the polymer frame. It's not like the difference between a polymer frame Sig P320 and the P320 AXG aluminum frame. Recoil was actually sharper in the metal frame M&P, which kind of surprised me. Plus, it just doesn't feel like a metal frame pistol. And it's not fully metal, unlike the Sig AXG. There is quite a bit of polymer under the swappable backstraps. The mix of the polymer frontstrap and backstrap and the aluminum portion of the grip just felt odd to me.

This one's a miss in my book. S&W should have gone with an actual full aluminum frame with grip panels, instead of tacking the same feel of the polymer M&P to the aluminum one. This ain't no modern day 3rd generation S&W, that's for sure.

My wallet is happy, but...

disappointed.gif

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Shot one yesterday at Range USA. Meh. Shot it alongside my standard M&P 9 and preferred the polymer frame. It's not like the difference between a polymer frame Sig P320 and the P320 AXG aluminum frame. Recoil was actually sharper in the metal frame M&P, which kind of surprised me. Plus, it just doesn't feel like a metal frame pistol. And it's not fully metal, unlike the Sig AXG. There is quite a bit of polymer under the swappable backstraps. The mix of the polymer frontstrap and backstrap and the aluminum portion of the grip just felt odd to me.

This one's a miss in my book. S&W should have gone with an actual full aluminum frame with grip panels, instead of tacking the same feel of the polymer M&P to the aluminum one. This ain't no modern day 3rd generation S&W, that's for sure.

My wallet is happy, but...

View attachment 225139
    Thanks for the report. I wasn't interested in buying one(I like my polymer Smith's and I work in the plastics industry, lol) but I like to hear what others say about stuff.

It's good to treat your wallet nice once in awhile!

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    A good friend of mine got one and I handled it today!!!! Personally….. I love it!!! Feels great in the hand and while the trigger could use a bit of work most factory triggers can so no biggie. I think S&W did well on this one and look forward to spending some range time with it!!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If your post was complaining about trying to shoot a mass produced defense gun at 50 yards than yeah he stole your post.
    Well he mentioned the sharper recoil and odd feel, and that S&W should have went with a full aluminum frame with grip panels. Which is exactly what I posted before his video came out.

Here, let me help you...

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Well he mentioned the sharper recoil and odd feel, and that S&W should have went with a full aluminum frame with grip panels. Which is exactly what I posted before his video came out.

Here, let me help you...

Ha, you really got me. It's good to see you taking a break from the TDS though and being involved in actual gun/shooting threads.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Ha, you really got me. It's good to see you taking a break from the TDS though and being involved in actual gun/shooting threads.
    TDS, eh? Well, it's good to see you admitting that you only attacked my post because I likely said something snarky about your daddy in another subforum. Spoiler alert: He doesn't love you. If you pull your head out of his ass one of these days and look around, you might see that I often post in firearm threads.

Or maybe don't. Stalkers are creepy.

:):

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Here's another video on the M&P 2.0 metal that gives it a thumbs up. I liked the bit of additional weight in the one I handled but i'm not sure if i'd upgrade or not. If you don't have one but are interested in the M&P's I'd check one out.

Top Bottom