• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Ruger has a new bolt gun out to compete with the Remington and Colt modular-type platforms. Looks promising. Aluminum lower/steel upper; accepts standard AR type rail systems, stocks, grips and short-throw selectors; accepts several types of .308 magazines (PMAG, M1A, AICS), threaded muzzle. Available in .308, 6.5 Creedmoor and .243. MSRP $1399.

models-top.jpg

http://www.ruger.com/micros/rpr/models.html

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    That thing is HOT! It will get onto my wish list, but there are still a few guns in front of it.

While I don't care for the SR556 Takedown, I LOVE that Ruger is thinking outside the box. Years ago, they were so conservative with development that they wouldn't even make a striker fired pistol. Since the SR9, Ruger has really stepped up and become an innovator. My hat is off to Ruger!

Btw, their guns are good, too. I've had 3 SR9's, an LCP, SR1911, SR556, and the 10/22 Takedown, which is a tack driver. The only issue I've had was a trigger pin that walked on the SR556. An anti-rotation kit and about 10 minutes of installation time (which Bradis did for FREE!) cured that permanently. The SR9 is still the pistol I shoot most accurately, and I've had lots of pistols.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Well I think I know what Im getting my 6.5cm in now....kinda wish it had a faster twist than 1:10.

Wonder what the street price will be and when it will hit the shelves....?

God bless
    -Shred

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Yeah, when I got the email for this one I was immediately thinking of what should be sould so this can replace it. ATM I am still thinking as I have already pair the group down. Probably need to sell more than a Ruger Ameican 308 as this is a fair bit more...

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    However I am thinking maybe to wait for a while... I can't spend that much but once every so months and the current pots just emptied a short time ago so it looks like it will be awhile for me. :(

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    5r rifling, me likey!

If anyone remembers the T/C Icon Warlord bolt action (pulled from production a few years ago), this seems very similar (except for the stock and the threaded barrel)

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    It looks kind of like the Tubb 2000 bolt gun that came out in 2000 that was actually made by McMillan. It sold for roughly twice what Ruger wants for this.

I would buy the Ruger bolt action without question.

Top Bottom