• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Well I went into Lafayette Guns and Gear today, really to look for a IWB holster, and maybe fondle a Glock 27, but I happened to look up on the wall and to my surprise saw a Remington 700 SPS in .308. This is the first .308 I have seen at any of the shops in town. I played with it a little, and before I knew it, it was boxed up and I was carrying it out the door.

I was origionally going to go with something a little nicer than the base SPS, but this was just too good to pass up. I figured I can always change out the stock for a nicer synthetic with a free floating barrel, but this was a good start to my path. I think I may go to the gun show here in town tomorrow and look for a base, rings, and scope, and then after i have some range time, worry about the stock. Got a few ideas for base, rings, and scope from IGW, but any suggestions are welcomed.

I'm really excited about my new investment, and can't wait to get it to the range (although its only 100yds :'-( ) to see what it can do. I have to go to work now, but I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Last edited:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Here are the pictures I promised.

P6130134.JPG

P6130135.JPG

P6130136.JPG

P6130137.JPG

P6130138.JPG

Last edited:

Memphis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2009
    North Central Indiana
    I have had my eye on the same rifle but with the OD green stock at Dick's Sporting Goods. Great rifle!! Let me know how it does after you get your scope rig put on it. Enjoy!

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I used to have a 700 PSS in .300 Win Mag. Although it kicked a little too hard for casual weekend shooting, with dialed down handloads, it was a tackdriver on shorter ranges, out to 150 yards. Great choice in a rifle, enjoy it !

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I dislike the short action, but applaud thee for the remmy. The 700 is one of the few long guns by remington I'll recommend to everyone....I still like my long action sps marine coat in 30-06 tho

Top Bottom