• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Just sent this to fenway, I imagine he's the only one with access to that bit of the control panel... just in the event there is someone else that he has trusted with those privelages..

I sent this email, I'm sending as a private message too... and adding to it..

New users can't register... someone found my contact info on the forum and messages me on msn messenger saying he couldn't register. Told me the issue, and then I replicated it. You've decided to add a bot check besides the captcha. He can pass the captcha but disable whatever is asking for a NoSpam! question. It's preventing new users form registering by spitting out this
    "You answered the NoSpam! question incorrectly. Please reevaluate your answer or, if you found yourself unable to answer it, you can refresh for another question if the administrator has enabled multiple questions. If you find yourself repeatedly unable to answer the NoSpam! questions, please contact the forum administration."
    and there is no checkbox or question.

If Fenway fixes it... please email the guy I referenced in my message to you so he can register.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Noted.... The site is going through a version upgrade. (Thank you Site Supporters!)

I Imagine things will be back to normal soon.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    *Nods* I never had anything but trouble when I tried to use the spam questions on my forum. Captcha is fairly easy and pretty difficult to beat.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    The questions have worked great here. The problem is we have upgraded to the latest version of VB and some of the modifications are messed up and I have to go and fix them. (including the nospam mod) Registration should be fixed.

dman65

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for your help Ryan, I am registered and active in the forum now. Look forward to getting to know some of you guys! Again thanks for taking the time to help!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom