• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I asked awhile back about lab breeders and found this one on the net. It's a family just outside of Hoopeston, IL. She's 5 weeks old now and we get to pick her up in 2 weeks. My daughter is really excited and was a little heartbroken that we couldn't take her home with us today.

The lady said this was their 3rd litter and all 30 pups have been chocolate.

IMG_6846.jpg

IMG_6850.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Man, I am so jealous! So, what's her name?

Hollie. We already have a Jack Russel mix named Harley and a pug named Hannah. My wife wanted to stick with H names. Not a whole lot out there for girl names starting in H. This one shouldn't get too big. Her mom is about 65-70# and her dad was around 75-80# I guess. The lady said this one was basically the runt but she's pretty much caught up with the others. She also said she's got the most personality out of all of them and is sassy. I hope we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot!:D

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Beautiful pup right there bro. :yesway:

Holly is gonna grow into those big paws quickly!

I really wish I did the research you did in finding Holly. My 6 year old male English Springer Spaniel that I bought from a nasty old lady in Kokomo was surely not weaned and cared for properly. We went through 3 years of biting with him and still have to keep him on Prozac to be safe. He is the very best guard dog I've ever own though.

TK

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It's been a long time since I've smelled puppy breath. Both of my other dogs are 12 years old. This is my daughter's first pup. We are kind of hoping this lab will run interference for our other 2 dogs. They're old enough that they don't want an 8 year old doting on them.

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    congrats on the new pup! We are wanting another dog too! I think it's a tossup between the choco. lab and the english springer like we had b4. My wife about melted when she seen the pic of hollie.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    LOL, it would be a long to weeks for ME...I can only imagine how grueling it's going to be for a 10(I think?) year old.

She's 8. I don't really want to have 3 dogs at one time but she starts regular 4H next year and I thought a dog would be a great project for her. Our other 2 are much too old for that. :D Plus with the new place, we'll have plenty of room to let it run.

When we got there, all 8 pups were going nuts wanting attention. Here's how they looked when we left.
    Ours
    IMG_6851.jpg

The rest of them.

IMG_6852.jpg

I think my daughter will keep her well exercised.:D

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Cute pup.

I just got a puppy a few months ago and I we are in puppy training classes. Well worth the money if you have time. I have had dogs in the past, but each one is a new expierence.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    She's 8. I don't really want to have 3 dogs at one time but she starts regular 4H next year and I thought a dog would be a great project for her. Our other 2 are much too old for that. :D Plus with the new place, we'll have plenty of room to let it run.

When we got there, all 8 pups were going nuts wanting attention. Here's how they looked when we left.
    Ours
    IMG_6851.jpg

The rest of them.

IMG_6852.jpg

I think my daughter will keep her well exercised.:D

Haha, that's just too dang adorable.

Yeah, three dogs could be pretty overwhelming, especially if they are all indoor dogs; heck, my 10 month old GSD is a lot to handle sometimes.:n00b:

I'd like to get one more after Leo is a few years old. He's completely balanced and well-behaved, I just don't want two GSDs the same age(~14 years down the road I don't want to have to deal with two dogs passing at the same time).

Luckily for you and your daughter, labs are fetching machines, so that's a perfect way to keep your sanity by running that energy out of her

Top Bottom