• ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Thanks for taking me to the range man! The Mosin was sweeeet! :ar15:

Glad you enjoyed yourself!

I've never shot the M38, so I don't know for sure. I don't recall thinking that extending the bayo helped the balance of the M44 that much though. I had read at one time that for the best accuracy the rifle's bayo had to be extended. I think the sights were calibrated to take into account the bayonet or something like that.

You can shoot the M44 with the bayo either extended or folded and it doesn't change the balance. The ballistics of the barrel, however, are designed such that if you shoot with the bayo folded, you'll pull way off to the right.

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    I have the m44 on layaway at gander, my wife didnt have the extra 100 bucks to get it last week, so I get it next week.

I picked the 44 over the others because its less barrell heavy. The 91/30 I was leaning back to aim. Poor Russians.

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    I've never shot the M38, so I don't know for sure. I don't recall thinking that extending the bayo helped the balance of the M44 that much though. I had read at one time that for the best accuracy the rifle's bayo had to be extended. I think the sights were calibrated to take into account the bayonet or something like that.

Russian doctrine at that time required that soldiers were to have their bayonets fixed at all times while in a combat zone.

Urban Legend. IMHO

Some say yes, some say no.
    I didn't see any difference in my M44 with the bayo folded or extended.
    Individual rifles may vary.

Top Bottom