• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Heard this on the news this morning. Shoot, Point, Blank is looking at buying the old movie theater behind Best Buy and making a range.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I saw something on FB about a hearing on this. Might have been on WSBT's page.

jwleeper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Yes, it has been on WSBT news the last 2 days. The hearing is coming up very quickly. I hope it passes. Another place for people in metro areas to shoot is a good thing.
    Have a great day.
    Jim

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Will be if it is properly staffed. Casual GunOwner Groupies that RO tags are hanged on while their head is down playing Candy Crush may continue to enable more accidents than Hollywood.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Although this is incorrect.....

If this range is approved and there’s still a ways to go on any decision, this would be their 5th location in Indiana, and the 4th firearms business in St. Joseph County.
    There's Midwest, Belchers, LaFem Fatale, Kodiak, Top Shot, and T & Z Armory.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

Not sure if Len's is still there?

Also there used to be one on the westside of SB on Olive I can't remember the name. It was right by the tracks just south of Sample

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I think they're talking about the 5th location for Shoot Point Blank.

Edit: Nevermind... I see you meant the bit about the 4th firearms business in St. Joseph County.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    The advantage to Shoot Point Blank is that you can use your membership at any location. I've done this and it's nice when you travel a lot.

Shooting inside is kinda nice when it's below zero with 2 feet of snow on the ground.

Having more ranges/gun shops should be a good thing.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Not sure if Len's is still there?

Also there used to be one on the westside of SB on Olive I can't remember the name. It was right by the tracks just south of Sample
    Len's is still there. I see it open every now and then I think. I do know he let his FFL go. He was selling ammo and reloading stuff. I haven't been in there in years.

Last edited:

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    I know Midwest has tried a couple of times to get an indoor range in Mishawaka with no success. The Mishawaka store is bigger than most people realize. Hope these new guys succeed.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Will be if it is properly staffed. Casual GunOwner Groupies that RO tags are hanged on while their head is down playing Candy Crush may continue to enable more accidents than Hollywood.
    I'm just fine without some "RO" breathing down my neck.

How I feel when I see an "RO"

fccNyjzl.png

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I know Midwest has tried a couple of times to get an indoor range in Mishawaka with no success. The Mishawaka store is bigger than most people realize. Hope these new guys succeed.
    Yes. The store was an old Pep Boys. The garage half could easily be turned into a range.

Maybe this is why they closed the range in Elkhart. Range opening soon in Mishawaka??

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yes. The store was an old Pep Boys. The garage half could easily be turned into a range.

Maybe this is why they closed the range in Elkhart. Range opening soon in Mishawaka??
    I can't imagine Midwest is happy about it, since it brings another gun shop just up the road.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I can't confirm this myself, but I recently heard that the Elkhart store had to close do to safety issues. Some of the larger calibers allowed were not being contained.
    One employee that I know of also had pretty serious lead poisoning from working there.

Top Bottom