• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    OK, I forgot this step. I've already told parts of my story in a couple of other threads but I'm a lifelong resident of Indy who bought his first handgun on Jan. 2, 2009. My son was my mentor. He is a 2nd year law student in Bloomington and got involved with pistols about a year ago. He owns a Sig P220 and Baretta 9MM and has gently gotten me used to the idea that he is going to be a gun-tote'n attorney. I've had a few safety concerns about my neighborhood where I've lived for 24 years and decided, what the hell, its now or never. My son took me to Braddis in Camby, showed me the "good" brands and turned me loose with the salesman. Without knowing much about them, I decided a Glock 17 was for me and bought it on the spot. My son also convinced me to get the LTHC license so I signed up for that the same day. I've done a lot of research online (which led me to this excellent site) and I'm trying to figure out where I can get some good training and where I can go shoot (I was bummed to find out that Eagle Creek doesn't open until late March). I'm also trying to get my 16 yo daughter involved in shooting (details in the women's forum) for her benefit and for our mutual companionship on the weekends. I love what I've seen so far of the gun owning community: independent, responsible, patriotic and very helpful. I want to do it right, so as you bump into me on various threads, keep me on the straight and narrow. GT

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    :welcome:to INGO and the wonderful world of firearms. Training forum is a click away and there will be many opportunities throughout the year.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Welcome Glockster!

My father and I share the same interest in firearms as well. He's lovemywoods here on INGO.

Is your son a member here already?

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    welcome38gk.gif

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Welcome Glockster!

My father and I share the same interest in firearms as well. He's lovemywoods here on INGO.

Is your son a member here already?
    Not that I know of. He's pretty busy down in B-Town right now. I will suggest it to him though. I actually emailed him earlier today suggesting he consider getting involved with gun law....his first love is Constitutional Law and he loves guns--a match made in heaven.:ar15:

Thanks to all for the welcome.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    There are other IU students on here too. In fact, I think they are studying law as well come to think of it. . .

He'd fit right in!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom