• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Plus it is promo'd by Julie Golob. She still doesn't realize we are meant for each other :wwub:

jgolob.jpg

"Hey Snorko...."

:)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I was able to handle one of these at my LGS today. I'm impressed. Trigger is pretty good. The slide was very easy to work. I might want one.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Looks like I'm on the "cutting-edge" of this one.
    I just happen to rent six .380s at Point Blank Range last evening just for fun to see if anything justified my selling of my SW MP Bodyguard .380 or Colt Mustang Pocketlite, SS, 5 shot (around late 80s or 1990 issue).

Here were my comments on my post's feedback:
    I started with the SW MP EZ:
    very easy to load the magazine,
    felt good in the hand,
    shot 3 inch groups at 21'
    BUT, the safety kept engaging after every shot,
    so I had to give up on it (a recall about that, and I was not using hot ammo that they claim causes that).

I do not have an issue with the .380 round (based on my ignorance/lack of experience), but I was surprised myself.
    I have the MP Bodyguard .380, have the Shield 9, and had the Shield 45 and loved them all (what I call the Toyota Corolla of guns in pricing and quality, and yes, I love analogies).
    Since I was so distracted by the safety resetting each time (thinking I was doing it somehow, and even asked the R.O. the first time it happened :dunno:),
    I couldn't relax and enjoy it for what it was, but it seemed "similar" in the feel of my Shield 9, that same "Shield" feel.
    But, even with no dog in the fight,
    I either want a very small .380 or one with capacity (Beretta 84: 13 round),
    which the later is hard to justify b/c of size being larger than some 9mms, and ammo expense over the 9mm.
    Although, if I can buy it for $200 like my Bodyguard, I'm in. :rofl:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    They make an EZ without the safety. Problem solved. Or I think a person could shoot with their thumb on top of the safety like a 1911. Incidently that is the proper way to run a 1911.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I think the pistol is great for what it is, and definitely will benefit those that are recoil sensitive. Hopefully the not so gun people that this pistol will benefit will get introduced to it. The one thing that shocks me is that not a single person on INGO has criticized this pistol for being chambered in such a weak and anemic round that renders it practically useless.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The one thing that shocks me is that not a single person on INGO has criticized this pistol for being chambered in such a weak and anemic round that renders it practically useless.

Your only hope is your opponent having a snubby revolver...

Top Bottom