• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    I wanted to share my new "toy," but didn't want to be responsible for reincarnating this thread:Does anyone really use multifunction knives? aka swiss army and it didn't fit in this thread: What blade do YOU carry?

At Target today I stubled across and purchased this:Gerber Artifact
    It has a small prybar that triples as a flat blade screwdriver and wire stripper (we'll see about that when I have a chance) on one end, a bottle opener in the middle, an interesting little phillips screwdriver on the other end, and a small exacto blade knife that folds out.

I used the knife earlier to open a 24 pack of softdrinks like the 12 count "fridge packs" open. It naturally went through the cardboard like hot butter. I was suprised at how solid it was when open. The knife locks open with a small piece of spring steel acting as a liner lock, whick also happens to lock it closed with a small ball and socket in the side of the lock. This is nice to have because the little blades are sharp and it wouldn't be fun to have it close or open when you're not expecting it to.

Other than that I had to use the phillips head on my vent and it worked. It appears like it's made to work on larger or smaller phillips screws by the way it is cut and it is no wider than the tool.

From what I've seen so far, this little tool should fill the void when: my tools in the Jeep are not readily accessible, when I don't have my leatherman, or when I'm not carrying my backpack with my gerber multiplier 600 in it. I put it on my room key so I'd have it regardless of what I was doing.

Pics...
    Artifact1.jpg

Artifact2.jpg

I'll give the bottle opener a shot this evening. :D

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    It looks like the bastard child of an atwood creation... I want one! I'm heading to target later to hunt one down!

That's what intrigued me when I first saw it on the shelf... It will run a lot less than an atwood though. Target had them marked for $9.50, better than the $15 MSRP on gerber's site.

Top Bottom