• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    Just rescued my new Kahr PM9 from layaway Saturday morning. It's a cool little piece. The owner's manual says I need to put 200 rounds through it before it's fully reliable. I put a Hogue grip on it and got a cheapie Uncle Mike's IWB holster for it.

Kahr.jpg

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Great little gun!

I own one and it ends up in my pocket (Desantis Nemesis holster) for most of the summer.

I shot 200 rounds through mine with no problems. The gun is tight, though. Have fun racking that slide!!!

Congrats on a great gun!

BTW, like the grip. I wonder if it would hang up on the inside of my pocket when drawing from my pocket holster?

drd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Westfield
    Got my PM9 in Feb. ditto's on the grip and I had no issues with the first 200 rounds. and the little sucker is accurate. I got a DeSanto super fly pocket holster and really like it. Enjoy yours

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I bought one of these for the girlfriend a month or so ago.... It did fine with the first 200 rounds, though after the break in period I did notice that the pistol was MUCH more smooth in the action. Great little CCW

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    :+1:My PM9 has become my everyday carry in front pocket. I also have an LCP but wanted to stay with 9mm and found I could carry the PM9 almost as easily as the LCP. My ability to draw from pocket is more a factor of my big hands than the size/shape of the gun. Here's a little comparison:
    Hoster_SideBySide_1.jpg

Holster_Stacked_1.jpg

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Great little guns and a lot more accurate than you would think.
    This morning I qualified 220/226 out of 240 from the 3, 7, 15, 25 yard lines. Summertime it becomes my main carry. :yesway:

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have one too and also carry in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. More than a couple of times I forgot I was carrying it because it is so light and compact. Broke mine in like directed by Kahr, and had no problem with the first 200 rounds. Did build up some good muscles pulling back the slide. Talk about stout recoil spring, but the pistol was designed for heavy stuff.

Currently have over 1000 rounds through the little thing with no issues at all, except maybe needing some strength training to be able to pull back the slide, but I would rather it be tight than loose! As to accuracy, like stated above, was pleasantly surprised to be able to hit an 8x10 target at 25 yards fairly consistantly.

Highly recommended pocket protection!

ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    :+1:My PM9 has become my everyday carry in front pocket. I also have an LCP but wanted to stay with 9mm and found I could carry the PM9 almost as easily as the LCP. My ability to draw from pocket is more a factor of my big hands than the size/shape of the gun. Here's a little comparison:

do you happen to have a picture comparing the width of the two?

thanks
    nick

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Make sure yours has the newer spring assembly that they are all supposed to have now. (The thicker coiled one).
    If you start having any trouble not returning to full battery, that would be the first place to check over...
    And congrats!:yesway:

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    I enjoy the CW9. I don't notice undue recoil and recovery for the next shot is normal. My gun shoots about 1 inch low at 15 yards but that is very acceptable.

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    How do you guy's like shooting these lil guns? How's the recoil and the accuracy? Do you have any experience with the CW series?

See my range report. They are very accurate and I personally don't think that the recoil is that bad. My wife noticed a difference between the PM9 and my Glock 19.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/32416-kahr_pm9_range_report.html

how are they in price?

Bought mine at Plainfield Shooting Supplies. $673.03 out the door.

Top Bottom