• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Interesting. Hopefully Girsan can pull off a quality reliable copy. I know Tisas made an attempt at it but apparently discontinued it due to quality issues according to the article. Tisas really stepped up their game though with their 1911 offerings. I have one and the quality is surprisingly good. I would say it's on par with RIA.

Time will tell.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Interesting.

They look like a Clone-of-a-Clone FM guns. Not saying that's a bad thing. I do wonder, though, where their tooling came from. Or if they bought tooling.

Maybe this will revive Cylinder & Slide, too. heh.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Interesting. Hopefully Girsan can pull off a quality reliable copy. I know Tisas made an attempt at it but apparently discontinued it due to quality issues according to the article. Tisas really stepped up their game though with their 1911 offerings. I have one and the quality is surprisingly good. I would say it's on par with RIA.

Time will tell.
    I'm not sure how accurate that article is, Tisa's are still listed on the importers website and Tisas themselves show updated/new models on their website. I like this new version a bit better with it's extended thumb safety and traditional sights that make it easier to change out unlike the Tisas.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm not sure how accurate that article is, Tisa's are still listed on the importers website and Tisas themselves show updated/new models on their website. I like this new version a bit better with it's extended thumb safety and traditional sights that make it easier to change out unlike the Tisas.
    Yeah IDK how accurate that info is either. I just know that I have'nt seen any new Tisas hi-power clones for sale anywhere for quite some time.

I'd like to see how the Girsans pan out. I would'nt be opposed to trying one.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Yeah IDK how accurate that info is either. I just know that I have'nt seen any new Tisas hi-power clones for sale anywhere for quite some time.

I'd like to see how the Girsans pan out. I would'nt be opposed to trying one.
    I had a Tisa and thought it was pretty good and this new one looks good to me especially for 530.00 msrp

Reactions: KG1

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Looks pretty much like a late model MKIII. Made by Girsan and imported by EAA. MSRP in the 500's.

Its interesting to me that they went with a MKIII "Practical" style front sight. Regardless....If it turns out to be a decent plinker i wouldnt mind getting one myself for a beater suppressor host.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Its interesting to me that they went with a MKIII "Practical" style front sight. Regardless....If it turns out to be a decent plinker i wouldnt mind getting one myself for a beater suppressor host.
    I don't know why these companies just can't get it together and cut novaks, Tisas was the same way. If this one has Browning pattern sight cuts then there are options available at least.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    With all due respect to the OP these are not Hi-Powers. They are non-Browning duplicates that are new to the market. Let's see what happens first and if they don't go the way of the Tisas.

Top Bottom