• Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

TFB_HenryHomesteader_2.jpg

Pretty neat. It's kinda like what I wish the Ruger PC Carbine was. 9mm only, but it does have a couple of magazine options.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    "The Homesteader has the capability to accept Henry’s proprietary magazines, Glock Magazines, Sig 320 magazines, and Smith And Wesson M&P magazines. The Magwell adapter for Sig and S&W is apparently one and the same. The Homesteader will ship as a Henry-magazine only model, a model with the Glock adapter, and a model with the Sig/S&W adapter."

I have no need for this but the fact I can use S&W M&P mags makes me want one. Although the Glock version would have better higher capacity mags.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Kinda strange to me with all the options out there they decided to even make a mag for it… but I guess it isn’t a great business model to send your customers elsewhere

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Kinda strange to me with all the options out there they decided to even make a mag for it… but I guess it isn’t a great business model to send your customers elsewhere
    Yeah, I don't know what their thinking was with that. Can't possibly be worth the tooling to make their own mags when everyone is gonna buy a $30 magwell and throw $9 Glock Pmags at it.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    "The Homesteader has the capability to accept Henry’s proprietary magazines, Glock Magazines, Sig 320 magazines, and Smith And Wesson M&P magazines. The Magwell adapter for Sig and S&W is apparently one and the same. The Homesteader will ship as a Henry-magazine only model, a model with the Glock adapter, and a model with the Sig/S&W adapter."

I have no need for this but the fact I can use S&W M&P mags makes me want one. Although the Glock version would have better higher capacity mags.
    Already have a Ruger PC Carbine that I picked up for $450 a couple of years ago, takes Glock mags. Would love to have a PCC with adapter blocks for M&P and Sig P320 mags, as I have M&Ps and P320s in addition to a couple of Glocks. This Henry looks cool, but I can't see $959 for a PCC just for the extra mag compatibility. Not in 9mm, anyway. Maybe if they can make one work with 10mm. That would be a heck of a camp carbine.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Agreed. I had an AR pistol with a Stern adapter for M&P/Sig mags, just never shot it. I am always grabbing either my Scorpion pistol or Beretta CX4 rifle. The Beretta is a real hoot though goofy looking.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'd prefer a 10mm with an internal magazine. I always thought glock mags sticking out of rifles looked weird.
    Something like Ruger' flush fitting rotary magazine?

‐----------------------------

Good morning Mr. Smith,

Thank you for your interest. At this time, there are no plans on adding a 10 mm to our lineup. I will link you below to our suggestion box. Please put your suggestion there for what you would like us to produce. Our suggestions are read by our engineers and designers and many of our products come from our customers suggestions. Have a great day and stay well.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you today.

Sincerely,
    Tracey Ferry
    Custom Service Representative
    Customer Service: (866) 200-2354

Okay let's give them a reason to make a 10mm Homesteader ;)

Top Bottom