• shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Looks like there’s a “new” gun store coming to Owensboro Ky

https://www.owensborotimes.com/
    https://www.owensborotimes.com/

And by “new” read the name of one of the owners!

Turns out the person who bought Whittaker’s a few years ago, decided to fire Chris, (I’d heard the store was sold after Darrel passed) and that it’s not what it used to be, I’m sure Chris will be able to make this shop as good as the the old shop used to be!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Whittaker's has closed apparently. Heard that from Top Shot in Evansville who used to make weekly runs for interstate transfers. Their web site is gone as well.
    Real shame too. Daryl (Darrel?) didn't brook any nonsense and kept some serious inventory, including some fine, fine Coopers. That shop will be missed

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Yup, tried to open Whittaker's website, got this...

503​

Service Unavailable​

The server is temporarily busy, try again later!
    Their Facebook and instagram are gone too! I asked a friend a month or two ago about what was going on, he is close to a person who used to work there, and he said it’s going to close anytime now!

Hopefully they’ll open “WKG Guns” sooner rather than later!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Used to be the to largest importers from CZ in the Czech Republic were CZ USA and Whittakers. Once or twice a year they would have reps fly over to Ceska Zbrojovka to place their order. I saw in the back store room once and an entire section had CZ rifles - probably close to 150+ rifles.

I started going there when it was As many have said, once Darrell passed it was all downhill.

Ahap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2022
    Evansville
    How could you ruin something that was that good!? I was there a month ago and it might as well have been closed already, it was quieter than a funeral home.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Been a while since I was there since I no longer drive back and forth to Evansville or Owensboro like I used to with our computer company. It was a great place and am really sad to hear of it's demise.

I am sure the ATF is happy... another one bites the dust is probably their theme music.

Top Bottom