• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I am going to get a new hand gun later today but not sure which one to buy. I am looking at a GLOCK 35 Gen4, a S&W M&P40 Pro Series, and a Sig P226 40 cal Elite Dark with a SRT trigger. I love my Sigs and leaning torwards one and will have to order it though. As you probably can see I am looking at all match guns to shoot and it will be for shooting competiton. What would you guys pick if you had to choose?
    Glock 35 Gen4 | GLOCK USA
    Product: Model M&P40
    P226 Elite Dark

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Why do you want .40 for competition?

Take a look at the Walther PPQ in 9mm, very impressive accuracy and trigger out of the box.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    How would a DA/SA gun would fair in competition against guys with striker-fired guns?

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I like 40 cals, but I should lean to 9mm for match shooting. I have always shoot better with my Sigs since they feel great to me over the other two brands.

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    How would a DA/SA gun would fair in competition against guys with striker-fired guns?

I think it's more personal preference and training, use what you're used to and good with. For most people, a striker fired gun is easier to be good with imo.

I prefer striker fired guns as typically you have a little longer site radius, consistant trigger pull, and no hammer or safety to mess with. Obviously, carrying condition 1 or 0 for competion would be the best bet for a quick accurate shot on target.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    I would opt for the Glock 35. But I am a Glockoholic.

The other two mentioned are really great also. Find what fits your hand the best. Then look at trigger pull and being able to maintain proper sight alignment and sight picture.

Hope you find something that works and good luck.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    All 3 are awesome weapons and would give you lifetimes of service; I actually have switched over from Glock to the M&P because I shoot them better. I love all 3 brands but the M&P is the absolute best fit for me. The Glock will have the most aftermarket stuff available and will be much easier to find holsters, magazines and other stuff like that for it, too.

For the money, I still think the M&P is the best out there but you have to go with what you think you'll shoot the best. I am a big advocate of standardizing what you shoot whether it is in competition or carry. I carry the same model of gun I compete with, maybe not the same size but it will be the same model/type. If you are primarily a SIG shooter then I'd go with the SIG.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I am going to get a new hand gun later today but not sure which one to buy. I am looking at a GLOCK 35 Gen4, a S&W M&P40 Pro Series, and a Sig P226 40 cal Elite Dark with a SRT trigger. I love my Sigs and leaning torwards one and will have to order it though. As you probably can see I am looking at all match guns to shoot and it will be for shooting competiton. What would you guys pick if you had to choose?
    P226 Elite Dark

S&W .40 Pro, hands down. I have the 9mm Pro in the 5" barrel....fantastic gun. And the three different size backstraps all but ensure a perfect fit for your hand.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Thank you guys for the help and input. I end up going with the Glock 35 and almost got a Glock 24. I went with my original idea for my next gun and to once again be a Glock owner and to be able to have the ton of accessories for it to customized and not break the bank doing it. I will have to say I will try and get a S&W MP some day since I really like them now and learned a lot about them. I LOVE my Sigs and sometime in the near future I will buy another one since I love the 226X5-40-L1 or 226X5-40-COMP. I hope to see some of you at the Bowling pin shoot this week at the MCFG. This should be fun getting use to the Glock 35.
    SWEET!:rockwoot: I just heard the door bell and it has to be my Midway USA reloading order....... YEP it was:D

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    P226 Elite Dark

Look at a Beretta 92 series 9MM or 96 series if you have to have a .40 caliber. Each one comes with 6 free cannolis and a picture of Gina Lollobrigida! :rockwoot:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Thank you guys for the help and input. I end up going with the Glock 35 and almost got a Glock 24. I went with my original idea for my next gun and to once again be a Glock owner and to be able to have the ton of accessories for it to customized and not break the bank doing it. I will have to say I will try and get a S&W MP some day since I really like them now and learned a lot about them. I LOVE my Sigs and sometime in the near future I will buy another one since I love the 226X5-40-L1 or 226X5-40-COMP. I hope to see some of you at the Bowling pin shoot this week at the MCFG. This should be fun getting use to the Glock 35.
    SWEET!:rockwoot: I just heard the door bell and it has to be my Midway USA reloading order....... YEP it was:D

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot: Sweet!!! Congrats!
    I hope it works out well for you. :ingo:

Top Bottom