• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    That's kinda like bragging that the Taurus has a larger cup holder.
    Or the Taurus can get twice the radio stations.

When the Taurus can run for ten years without ANY repairs (except for replacing tires), let me know. :cool:

No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    That's kinda like bragging that the Taurus has a larger cup holder.
    Or the Taurus can get twice the radio stations.

When the Taurus can run for ten years without ANY repairs (except for replacing tires), let me know. :cool:

Well since you asked: I had a 97 Taurus I bought in 98 while I was in high school. I put 110,000 miles of heavy abuse on that car in two years never had a problem, It's still driving around my area. I had a 96 Sable LS that I put 178,000 miles on the only major repair it needed was a .50 retainer clip broke in the transmission at 176,000 so it wouldn't go into over drive. I flipped it end over end and rolled it over twice before it landed on it's wheels. I walked away without a scratch and didn't have my seat belt on. THe passenger also not a scratch he had his seat belt on. I had it hauled to my house so I could part it out, reset the fuel shut off switch and it fired right up.

I now have a 2008 Nissan Altima I bought brand new at 15,000 miles the transmission went out, after a week of having the new trany it puked trans fluid all over my driveway, now it's leaking antifreeze and they can't find it. It also rattles in the dash board and the headliner has fallen down once already.

I think I will go back to Fords since Dodge is a sell out and I never liked GM to begin with. :twocents:

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Another reason - Ford didn't take any Federal bailout money.

I'll give em an extra feather in their cap for that over the other two for sure. These commercials are a good start, but I still want to see something more substantial where the safety and maintenance ratings are concerned. Good start though.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    All the Fords (or Mercurys) I've ever owned have been good cars; '71 Mustang, '87 LN7, '86 Crown Vic, '88 Grand Marquis, and '95 Grand Marquis. Only 5. Not much of a sample. Just my personal experience.

Top Bottom