• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    Interesting. I bit early on the 6mm ARC. It’s a nice round. I was hoping there would be a little bit more variety in regards to ammo off the shelf. Slowly, but surely that may happen. I am not into reloading, which is likely where it could really shine as far as a varmint round goes. Its main intention originally were special operations units, not hunting critters.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Do the Manufacturers make any money on these type of ventures? Seems like they would not.

They absolutely do. 6.5 creed is one of the most popular rounds of all time, and it does the same thing as a 260 that's been around forever. It would have been a lot easier to start making 260 ammo, but by making a new caliber they got to re market.

There have been a pile of calibers in the last 20 years that fix a problem that doesn't exist. This will be a great seller.

Personally I've tried 22 cal on yotes, and strongly prefer 24 cal. The notch that the 6 arc did fill was getting into an AR platform over the 6 creed or 243. For me, I see no reason to switch from my current 243 for yotes.

Top Bottom