• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    So as part of my Valentine's day festivities, I got this knife. I lost my Kershaw over winter break and had been knifeless, so my good friend gave me this Benchmade 556blu. I have literally no knowledge of knives, but looking this over, seems very nice, light and sharp :yesway:. I've only ever used linerlockers, but after some practice, this came very natural.

anyone have experience with these, or know about them :dunno:

2735b319.jpg

fe61c022.jpg

huawilso

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    New Castle, In
    Hey Nate I own a few of these knives. They hold the edge really nice and I have never had any problems with mine. Good luck with it nice knife.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    benchmade?

I have a rant bowie and a mini ambush that I have not used yet but the quality seems good and the company has a great rep. Congrats on your new blade, looks good.:)

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Good to hear fellas, thanks for the responses. These past weeks I'd always reach for my knife for something and find an empty pocket, now that's solved :D

Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    i carry a benchmade too, the axis lock is one of the most secure feeling locks around, im not paranoid about chopping my fingers off with it but i do keep in mind its a folding knife so i dont abuse it that much

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I believe that is considered a Griptilian, which is probably one of Benchmade's most sold model of knife. You really can't go wrong with a Benchmade.

Congrats!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I believe that is considered a Griptilian, which is probably one of Benchmade's most sold model of knife. You really can't go wrong with a Benchmade.

Congrats!

Based on the model number, I believe it is the Mini-Griptilian. I have the Mini-grip with a sheepsfoot blade and thumb hole. It's just right for me. Many people prefer a slightly larger knife, and I think the Griptilian would be perfect for that. I ordered mine through slow1911's and he was very helpful, because I wanted a slightly different model than the one he had listed. I love the knife, but it was difficult finding the tool to change the belt clip for lefties. If you are lefty, order the tool from them when you purchase the knife. It is a T6 torx, which is really, really small.

My MiniGrip keeps an excellent edge. The blade is 154CM. I give it a quick run down the crock sticks every 7-10 days, taking into account it's use. It stays exceptionally sharp.

nk1124

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Bloomington
    even if you manage to lose the edge on it (like I did on my 710) you can send it back to benchmade and they will resharpen it for you for 5$ return postage.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    even if you manage to lose the edge on it (like I did on my 710) you can send it back to benchmade and they will resharpen it for you for 5$ return postage.

that why I always tell people to buy quality. all of the companies I own knives from will do the same thing.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I've sold a few of these in just about every configuration (drop point, tanto, and sheepsfoot) and everyone loves them. Good blade steel and the AXIS lock is really slick.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I just wanted to add that every person who owns and can appreciate a fine knife NEEDS to learn how to sharpen it. It's really not that hard and a knife is easier and much safer to use when it is sharp. Honing a blade is becoming a dying art and we should keep it alive. There are many good sources of info on the web. There's nothing like the feeling of being in a situation where a sharp knife is called for and the look on other peoples faces when you cleanly slice through something is priceless.

Top Bottom